BBQ/Grilling Cookbooks

Needed to spend a few extra bucks to finish using a gift certificate for Walmart so went with 4 used books to add to my library.

The Barbecue Lover's Big Book of BBQ Sauces: 225 Extraordinary Sauces, Rubs, Marinades, Mops, Bastes, Pastes, and Salsas, for Smoke-Cooking or Grillin by Cheryl and Bill Jamison, Celebrating Barbecue : The Ultimate Guide to America's Four Regional Styles of 'Cue by Dotty Griffith, Best Ribs Ever: A Barbecue Bible Cookbook: 100 Killer Recipes by Steven Raichlen and Kansas City Barbeque: Over 125 Recipes for Charcoal and Gas Grills by Americas Premier Experts

1687634126081.pngPUB. 2011

I will be posting some recipes from this book where they belong. Like rubs, sauces, chicken, for now, and others later.

Last edited:
Haven't really added many books seeing I've pulled almost 4000 recipes off the internet in the last four years. I did just pick up a used like new copy of Raichlen's book Project Smoke and like what I see so far. Still have my 17 weber books also.

Here is the only thing I can find that I posted from that book.

STEVEN RAICHLEN-PROJECT SMOKE

5-4-3-2-1 Asian Barbecue Rub

5 TB. turbinado sugar or dark brown sugar
4 TB. coarse salt (kosher or sea)
3 TB. freshly ground black pepper
2 TB. Chinese five-spice powder
1 TB. onion powder

This will give you more rub than you need for 2 racks of spareribs or 4 racks
of baby backs. Makes about 1 cup

There are soo many good recipes in this Weber cookbook. I have posted some on the Rub, Sauce thread and about to post 1 or 2 on the BEEF thread. Hope you will try some of them.

Still finding more good stuff in this book. So far today, I posted 1 on the BEEF thread and 1 on the PORK thread.

With the big holiday on the way (yes-THANKSGIVING, will be here before we know it) on pages 174 and 175, Jamie shows and tells us how to barbecue our turkey (in case anyone here needs any help with that) and how to make the gravy.

Boy, you sure do plan ahead! ;)
Ha-Ha

Boy, I really wish we did. I would like to do this every week, but for some reason, we never get to it that often, but, DH and I JUST finished making out our menu for the next 6 days. Now we have to go over them again and see if we need to add anything to the shopping list.

Ha-Ha

Boy, I really wish we did. I would like to do this every week, but for some reason, we never get to it that often, but, DH and I JUST finished making out our menu for the next 6 days. Now we have to go over them again and see if we need to add anything to the shopping list.

well, at least we got a lot of recipes out of the "Make Soon" folder ;)

Haven't really added many books seeing I've pulled almost 4000 recipes off the internet in the last four years. I did just pick up a used like new copy of Raichlen's book Project Smoke and like what I see so far. Still have my 17 weber books also.
Rich, how about posting something here from one of your books?

Benny, sorry so long in getting back to you. For many years, I kept a binder full of the lists of video cooking shows that I taped. And I will be darned if I can find it. But I do know that I have a lot of his shows on tape and a heck of a lot of his cookbooks. Thanks for your input.

I asked DH to randomly pick a number, this may not be a grilling cookbook, but it is what I will be working on for quite a while, it's a big one.

"The Best Recipes in the World" Mark Bittman - 2005. It has 710 pages of recipes and 46 pages of Index.:eek:

Last edited:

Back