Barbs Birthday Trip to California

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Took a little trip to California to see the grandkids. On our way in we stopped at the Woodshed in Orange, California as we always do to pick up some more smoking wood.

Before I go on I want to say I am not affiliated with the Woodshed or do I get any special considerations.
The folks there are just wonderful and very helpful. I purchased a bag of cherry and apple chunks. I asked the sales lady what she would recommend for the kettle pizza. She said just a second and came back with a huge bag of olive wood. The olive wood is what they recommend for pizza ovens because it burns long and hot and clean.
Well long story short the olive wood was free along with a sample of beech wood.
They participate in all kinds of BBQ cook-offs and if I remember right even helped Chris with one he was involved with.

We had a great time with the kids and grandkids over the weekend, today is Barbs 70th birthday. While we were there we had a nice lunch down by the Huntington Beach pier to celebrate.

Here’s a few pictures of the trip.

DSCN2767_zps9hn6nczg.jpg

DSCN2773_zpsue7ipfks.jpg

The young lady next to Barb is our daughter. The big guy in the background is my son and he is not standing on a box. Oh by the way I'm 6'1"
DSCN2775_zpsnjpiiy1x.jpg

My sons Golden Retriever Lexi was my bud for the weekend.
DSCN2778_zpsw0en3m8g.jpg

Not a Weber to be seen anywhere. Just a pellet pooper.
DSCN2793_zpsvpv2tnyq.jpg

The birthday girl
DSCN2803_zpsk7jkknaz.jpg

DSCN2806_zps57aefj4b.jpg

Into my stash it goes
DSCN2807_zpsc8bjanbq.jpg

Have a great weekend.

Pellet Pooper, that's funny. Great looking family, glad you all got together for Barb's birthday.

Nice looking family you have there Rich! Your grandkids are adorable. Thanks for sharing your photos of Barb's birthday trip.

Looks like a grand time with your beautiful family!
Thanks for sharing!

Unless I missed a pic of you before Rich, this is the first time I've seen your mugshot.
I've shrunk an inch to 6' 1" and my youngest son towers over me, plus I have the same color 'blonde' hair as you. :p

Anxious to hear how the olive wood smells and tastes on food.

I agree with Bob - I think this is the first time you've been in front of the camera Rich!

What a great time for all of you on Barb's milestone birthday! So great to share it with family, and a great looking family it is!

Happy Birthday Barb!!!

Looks like a grand time with your beautiful family!
Thanks for sharing!

Unless I missed a pic of you before Rich, this is the first time I've seen your mugshot.
I've shrunk an inch to 6' 1" and my youngest son towers over me, plus I have the same color 'blonde' hair as you. :p

Anxious to hear how the olive wood smells and tastes on food.

Yeah I'm usually the picture taker so I don't show my mug very much.
I used the olive wood in the kettle pizza the other night and it's a real light smoke flavor but of course it's burning and that it does long and hot, so not much smoke. Perfect for the KP. Going to try it for smoking soon to see how it works but I'm guessing real mild.
Here's the pizza cook
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?65859-Finally-got-the-Pizza-Right

Back