Bacon made easy

Chris Lynch

TVWBB All-Star
Thanks again Bob. Look what we stumbled across this weekend! Added garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne, brown sugar and paprika to the cure. See you in 8 days!!

...Continued

So after a good 2.5 hour soak in cold water, and an overnight air dry in the 34* garage, I give you this. I added "Pennsylvania Fruit Wood" for smoke.

This was cured with brown sugar, garlic powder, cayenne, black pepper and paprika. I did not add anything after it was rinsed and dried, and the jury is back. I could taste the sweet and the heat.

It got to 145* went way to fast for what I was hoping, but I guess that's what happens when you set it and go to the diner. When I got back from breakfast I was running around 275*! ut oh, I feared I cooked it and not smoked it. But everything seemed to turn out okay as you will see below.

Dear Santa, please bring me a meat slicer. Made some Lardon with the ends and saved some scraps that go great in greens

Did I tell you I got a food saver for Christmas?

Found some burgers in the freezer which are Sirloin, chuck and beef rib

mmmmm...bacon and cheddar

Love it.

Love making bacon, the only thing I would do different would be to make more.

Thanks for looking!

Top notch BCN! Looks really meaty aswell(i really like that) But that burger is just to mutch...Not Fair Chris...Not Fair.(might even dream about that one)

Came out gorgeous, I can't seem to find pork belly around here that thick or with that much lean, probably being horded in PA.

Hey thanks guys...

Bill, if you ever get over this way, we found this belly at an Asian grocer in North Wales called Assi. I found it to be waaaay cleaner than the Italian Market where I usually get my belly. The belly was fresh and never frozen. This store is really amazing. Actually if you ever find yourself over near Bethlehem, my in-laws are there and I might be able to make a delivery if we plan it right.

Bethlehem is about 45 minutes for me so when you are ready to do your next one I can hook up with you and buy lunch in Bethlehem and finally get some decent meaty bacon done.
Let me know

good stuff Lynch... show off the pics when done.

if you really wanted to make bacon easy, just pack some up and send my way. that would be easy.

don't lift the lid...

Back