Baby Showed Up Today

M Hoss

TVWBB Member
Just shy of 5pm:

2ltj6hg.jpg

I was thinking of hugging the guy but he dropped the box three times getting it from the truck to the door and looked ****ed when I offered to help. Oh well Merry Christmas to me I say....I am calling this Weber, Bertha:

1zl3w5h.jpg

Made a wind block out of the gasser in the back, the garage on the side and a set of drawers from the garage I was gonna trash on top of my cinder block pit to the other side. She is cold and windy out there:

n6tizt.jpg

Got some beef trimmings for the grocery store butcher that I have loaded on the two racks:

w18gtx.jpg

Got some water in the pan, lump in the bottom, oak chunks on the outside of the ring (ala Harry Soo). Before I added the water to the pan and the meat to the racks I was running at 270f but it dropped to 220f. I opened the vents on the bottom and top abit before coming in so I'll have to see what it is when I go out again. I am not too concerned as I am just gunking the baby up. Gonna go over to the grocery store and see about getting some pork fat for tommorrrow. I work tommorrow so I am gonna continue with the gunking....off Wednesday so that will be the first cook. Thinking ribs and a small butt I am.

Looks good. I love the fact that you have a pictured of the UPS truck delivering it to your house.

Just out of curiosity, where did you order this from? Was is Amazon.com or Amazon.ca?

I know TVWBB has an amazon code to help the Site, but us Canadians generally have to pay import fees when ordering from the US and it adds to the cost.

Just shy of 5pm:

2ltj6hg.jpg

I was thinking of hugging the guy but he dropped the box three times getting it from the truck to the door and looked ****ed when I offered to help. Oh well Merry Christmas to me I say....I am calling this Weber, Bertha:QUOTE]
This made me LOL. Glad to see Bertha made it safely home, despite the rough journey. Great now I have "don't stop believing" in my head!

Congrats! I seasoned my WSM(s) also. I recommend a fattie and chicken the first cpl cooks. Then a pork butt. It'll start showing signs of a good buildup pretty soon after that.

Looks good. I love the fact that you have a pictured of the UPS truck delivering it to your house.

Just out of curiosity, where did you order this from? Was is Amazon.com or Amazon.ca?

I know TVWBB has an amazon code to help the Site, but us Canadians generally have to pay import fees when ordering from the US and it adds to the cost.

Neither....I got it from Home Depot....their website and it was free delivery.

Back