Baby Backs on Performer

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Went to the store today with no plan and baby backs spoke to me.
Did one with my Santa Maria rub and the other with a traditional pork rub
Prepped Performer for one basket with some Cowboy briquettes and some peach and hickory. IMG_6548.jpegTequila also spoke to me today. Funny how that happens!IMG_6553.jpegThese racks cooked at about 275-300 with a generous amount of wood, this was about 1:40 into the cook IMG_6559.jpegDid a short wrap on both racks which i haven’t done in a long time. Sauced the rack with the traditional rib rub. Left the other dry. IMG_6555.jpegIMG_6558.jpegGot the bark reset and took them off for a short rest. Wasn’t sure what would finish first. The ribs or this tuneIMG_6557.pngTurns out the song won…but not really. These babies cut smoothly and were very juicy. IMG_6560.jpegIMG_6561.jpegIMG_6562.jpegIMG_6563.jpegCheers!

Went to the store today with no plan and baby backs spoke to me.
Did one with my Santa Maria rub and the other with a traditional pork rub
Prepped Performer for one basket with some Cowboy briquettes and some peach and hickory. View attachment 94619Tequila also spoke to me today. Funny how that happens!View attachment 94620These racks cooked at about 275-300 with a generous amount of wood, this was about 1:40 into the cook View attachment 94621Did a short wrap on both racks which i haven’t done in a long time. Sauced the rack with the traditional rib rub. Left the other dry. View attachment 94622View attachment 94623Got the bark reset and took them off for a short rest. Wasn’t sure what would finish first. The ribs or this tuneView attachment 94624Turns out the song won…but not really. These babies cut smoothly and were very juicy. View attachment 94625View attachment 94626View attachment 94627View attachment 94628Cheers!
Awesome looking cook! Making me hungry over here...

Back