Assorted (?) pork loin chops

Brian Dahl

TVWBB Gold Member
I like to gamble as much as the next guy, so when I came across this package - I had to see... and it had the nice price

Let's see what I got

One chop, one steak'ish and the thing in the middle was a slice of meat and bone. Dust 'em up with Pig Salt and away we go. Jim, I saw they (the Pig Salt people) didn't honor your order. I'm going to try ordering some more soon, I'll let you know how it goes...

my blurry live coals shot. Other than dragging a tripod out, my only way to get 'action shots.'

I'm rockin' Round Red tonight, about a 3/4 chimney of KBB, indirect. Oiled, salted Russets and freshly flipped "chops".

a little later the sprouts, onion and red sweet pepper join the crowd

and we're in. Yeah, I Maulled 'em... I need to re-order this, too.

It tasted fine, just like slices of pork that had been grilled :)

I don't mean to taunt, but I got home early enough yesterday to snap this. Spring is coming folks, you'll see!

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you by the fire. Have a great weekend one and all.

Looks great Brian. Good deal on those chops and you did them right! Really like that veggie dish also. That last shot is really pretty. It was 83 here yesterday.

Nice cook Brian! We have a freezer full of those assorted chops, we buy a bunch when they go on sale for about $1.49 or less a pound. Can't beat them for a quick cheap meal.
Glad to see you're getting a taste of spring.

I like buying those packages also, it's all good pork... just some "chops" are a bit more disfigured. Not every Chop can be Miss Wisconsin.
I like brining thin pieces like that too.

Good luck with the pig salt folks, it's tasty seasoning, I like it a lot, but not the hassles...
And By The Way BRIAN, your dinner looks GREAT! the flowers are a nice touch!

Look like you have turned your great deal pork into a fine looking plate Brian. We still have a few feet of snow here
to "export" if you would like some.

Brian - nice looking meal - I love the CI 'sprouts dish - that looks wonderful. You can hardly go wrong with pig (in any form) on the grill...

Regards,

John

Look like you have turned your great deal pork into a fine looking plate Brian. We still have a few feet of snow here
to "export" if you would like some.

They are talking drought this summer 'cause we have no snow in the mountains.

Brian, those chops are always so good and like Rich said we get them all the time. Love the plated pics and your sides are great. Love the flowers also.

Back