Anyone tried these 9mm stainless grates?

Yes people here are using. But they have been around since summer last year already. I personally still have a set for the older Genesis B/C in my shed which I have not used yet. It is supposed to go on a grill I have not restored yet. Bought two sets it in September last year when you could get them for around $30 a set. Now prices have significantly gone up.

Wow! That's really nice. If as nicely finished as their classic Genesis grates and sized right, this would be a hard one to beat for a 300 series Genesis...at least for your own "keeper" grill.

Wow! That's really nice. If as nicely finished as their classic Genesis grates and sized right, this would be a hard one to beat for a 300 series Genesis...at least for your own "keeper" grill.

Yeah, I found a barely used Genesis 330 with sear station, in the copper color for $150. Included a Weber cover that is perfect too. Came with coated cast iron but I am thinking of getting nice stainless grates and keeping this one forever.

THis would be a phenomenal deal if they fit well and are the same overall quality as the Silver/Gold B/C and 1000-5000 grates. These are much more stout however and claim 304 SS. If they put out 9mm grates for the same price for the Silver B/C and X000 grills, it would awesome

Looks like one Helluva deal. And they paid attention to getting spacing decent to. For $75 a very good value

Thanks, all. Based on my respect for your input and other posts in general--- I went ahead and ordered some. I happened to get an e-mail back from rcplanebuyer this morning and the grates he makes with shipping would run me $165 with shipping included. Guess what he said they weigh? 22 lbs. Which is exactly what Amazon says these weigh. I hope the fit and finish are good. I am excited to find these. Will let y'all know how they look when they arrive later this week.

Thanks again! Love this forum.

David

Thanks, all. Based on my respect for your input and other posts in general--- I went ahead and ordered some. I happened to get an e-mail back from rcplanebuyer this morning and the grates he makes with shipping would run me $165 with shipping included. Guess what he said they weigh? 22 lbs. Which is exactly what Amazon says these weigh. I hope the fit and finish are good. I am excited to find these. Will let y'all know how they look when they arrive later this week.

Thanks again! Love this forum.

David

Please let us know how they look/feel. I'm in the market and these seem like a great deal.

David: Please post back your thoughts after you receive them and pictures are always welcome.

I see the Honsgo are down to $43.99 per set. If I had a couple hundred laying around I would probably grab 4 or 5 sets for my rehabs next summer.

I see the Honsgo are down to $43.99 per set. If I had a couple hundred laying around I would probably grab 4 or 5 sets for my rehabs next summer.

Bruce, which models do you rehab and do you make any money at it? I have seen you guys taking about flipping them and it has me curious. Any tips? Or threads I should read?

LOL: Yah, I flip the older Genesis grills. I try to stick mostly to the Genesis Silver/Gold B/C grills as the Genesis 1000-5000 grills are a bit harder to rehab and the parts are a bit harder to come by and are more expensive. I have done several of the Genesis E3xx (2007-2016) grills, but they have the enclosed cabinet and are generally rust buckets which makes them a lot less desirable for rehabbing. I don't do any rehabbing or flipping this time of year, just too cold and no market until about April again up here.

There are hundreds of threads on rehabbing and flipping in this forum. I suggest you set aside some time and go through some of them. If you have specific questions feel free to ask and I or several other members on here will help you out. I wind up making about minimum wage on the grills I rehab once everything is factored in. The cost of the grill, the cost of new replacement parts, the materials and cleaning supplies used and then you have the time and effort. My time and effort nets me about as much as I would get working stocking shelves at Walmart. But, I much more so enjoy rehabbing grills, than I do straightening up the toy aisle after mom uses it for day care for her snot nosed brat kids. LOL.

We have discussed the photo situation several times on this forum. It would definitely be more convenient if would upload them direct to the forum, but it is cost issue as the photos eat up a lot of server space.

Anyway, I sent you an email request for photos. Thanks for coming back to let us know your thoughts.

Back