Anyone tried these 9mm stainless grates?

Here are David's photos. I notice the gap is a mere 3/8" or 9mm so they are basically RCP clones although I wish they didn't have the middle cross member. They look well finished as well.

ogqcaBL.jpg

pQ692kW.jpg

AE1fiax.jpg

Those look really nice and would be huge upgrade for a 300 series Genesis. I have found that all the products I have bought from Qlimetal are very good and evidence better than average finishing. I wish their Genesis grates were a little longer like Hongso, but they show better fit and finish than Hongso based on my comparison.

p.s. Hongso now down to $40.99! Beware of the "Jon Effect":rolleyes:!

Let the fun begin. I couldn't pass that price up. I sprung for 4 sets. Thanks, Jon.

I have seen several good deals on replacement parts lately. It might just be the holiday season, but my guess is that stock is piling up during the winter months when far fewer people are using their grills in the US.

I think the mail lady is gonna be a little ticked off when they load 4 sets of those in her car.

Oh, and yes Chris, I used the forum link to Amazon.

Cool cool glad those grates look good. I may buy a set for my brother in law who was married to my late sister. I think he'd appreciate them

For that money save a few $$$ and buy some from Dave Santana (RCPlanebuyer). WAY WAY better deal and will last forever

J,

You might want to checkout this thread where I reviewed a variety of stainless rod grates that fit your grill.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?78876-Stainless-Steel-Grate-Throwdown-Challenge-Results

I love REAL cast iron that is not coated with porcelain but it is a fair amount of work to care for. Almost all cast iron sold today has porcelain coating which will inevitably start chipping off.

I agree with Larry. High quality stainless rods will do an excellent job and last a long, long time. Dave Santana’s are the best out there, but you can look at my comparison to see other options as well.

Rcplanebuyer's are the best. I have a set. But there are are other less expensive options that are almost as good that will protect last a lifetime as well.

Not to highjack your thread but does anyone have any info on Weber grates part number WEB69801? I just got a Weber I am restoring with these grates. https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/search/part/494739/135754/

My other grill has these grates which reference the same part number but you can see they are not the same.
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B074CK5DBP/tvwb-20

Thanks.

J,
Try to locate the serial number on your grill. Register it on Weber.com and it will give you the exact part numbers you need for replacement parts. I found this the easiest way rather than guessing if they will fit based off an Amazon description.

Like others have said, don't spend $140+ on those grates.... get the stainless steel ones for $40-50 and you'll be set for 10+ years

I already have and it lists the 69801 part number. Weber website does not offer the 69801 grates. I like the 69801 grates as they are smoother and easier to clean than the cast iron ones. Also give good grill marks and food doesn't stick to them. I was wondering why Weber quit using these 69801 and why they don't offer them. I can only find them expensive third party. The other Weber I have has the cast iron grates. Funny thing is my Webers are the exact same model and are only 40 serial numbers apart! Thanks.

Back