Anyone seen this?

I've had to delete several posts in this thread that tripped Google's policy restrictions that jeopardize my ability to place ads on these pages and pay the bills around here. Unfortunately it's a computer algorithm that makes these determinations, not a real human with a sense of humor. My apologies and thanks for your understanding.

I've had to delete several posts in this thread that tripped Google's policy restrictions that jeopardize my ability to place ads on these pages and pay the bills around here. Unfortunately it's a computer algorithm that makes these determinations, not a real human with a sense of humor. My apologies and thanks for your understanding.
It's so sad how ridiculous stuff is becoming.

Can you at least give a meta-description of what had to go? It’d be nice to avoid that line of discussion in the future.

@LMichaels I hope that new cooker works well for you, That price is a great way to test the pellet world out and insulated pellet grills really are not that common, especially at that price point. There’s a lot of great features on that grill if it works well. As others have mentioned, if it will stay +/-25° from set point, just use it and don’t worry about the temps. Most all pellet grills have swings, better ones might get it down to +/-5 or 10°. What most people don’t know is the controllers have been programmed to lie on many showing the set temp as long as it stays within the acceptable range not always the actual temp at that instant.

Yeah if I can live with the swings in my POC LG gas oven/range (thing swings as much as 60 deg F!) 30 or 40 in an outdoor woodburning appliance is nothing

Yeah, not the oven, but...In my very limited experience trying out my Landmann pellet kettle without a PID controller and not world-class control of temp swings, my results with low and slow bbq I think have been BETTER than with my Recteq which holds temperatures rock solid :unsure: . In fact, the next time I use the Recteq, I plan to tyr adjusting temps up and down 15 or 20 degrees periodically to imitate this effect. The smoke effect as a pellet grill chugs back up to higher temperature seem to make a real difference. I understand that the "Smoke" or "Smoke Boost" modes on some pellet grills actually use this to create their extra smoke.

I've been hashing around getting a pellet grill. Saw this https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-pro-series-pellet-grill/prod26560023?xid=plp_product_1 on sale (just under $200). Gotta say it looks intriguing. Things like Smokefire are just too rich for my blood. But, $200 for what looked to be a pretty decent piece? Maybe I can live with that
Good morning. I see $399 when I click it also. IMO - if it indeed is $399, I would take a hard pass on it. Traeger, Pit Boss, Oak Joe - all have pellet smokers close to that price. I would spend a little bit more $$$ and get a solid name brand. I own a Traeger Pro Series 34, bigger than what you are looking at, but I love it. Amazing customer service and the rig makes great food. Best of luck.

Good morning. I see $399 when I click it also. IMO - if it indeed is $399, I would take a hard pass on it. Traeger, Pit Boss, Oak Joe - all have pellet smokers close to that price. I would spend a little bit more $$$ and get a solid name brand. I own a Traeger Pro Series 34, bigger than what you are looking at, but I love it. Amazing customer service and the rig makes great food. Best of luck.
It was $199. When I first saw these at Sam's they were $599. I recall it looked like a good way to try a pellet grill for a low(er) price. At $199 one came home with me. BTW Bruce and Jon. As you can see no need to search for me :D

Just been too busy to get to it. Plus I have no help. So the box sits untouched in the garage. Volunteers anyone?

I'll help when I pick up your Wolf.
Actually if one gasser leaves it will be the Genesis. I can stick the Q320 on the deck as a quickie cooker, the pellet as my (when I really want flavor cooker) and the Wolf for those big cooks, pizza or rotisserie cooks

Well I did open the box today. But the major steps all show it needing 2 people. Seeing how awkward that fire box looks I "get it". So the box is "off" the packing but until I can find some help...............................

Well I managed to actually get it out of the box by myself. No small feat. Set it on a rug and began assembly. Some things of note. Attention to detail on this thing seems pretty good. Down to completely double insulated fire box and porcelain lid no less. Plus as you look at photos even the lid is gasketed. I did not expect that. So far other than a little "awkward" reach at times assembly is pretty straight forward. Everything seems to be pretty decent quality. Even the screws are hard anodized. Though as I am assembling it every screw is getting a little Never Seize on the threads (just in case) at some point disassembly is required. The only real "issue" I had is when I tried to stand it up. It's very awkward and weight is about 150# and very top heavy. Thankfully my next door neighbor was out the same time as me getting mail. He came by and in 30 sec we had it as it's showing in the photos. So for you doubters, I am hoping to buy some pellets for it this PM and fire it off. One thing I REALLY like is no smoke stack. Similar to the SmokeFire
20220826_121746.jpg20220826_121752.jpg20220826_121810.jpg20220826_121822.jpg20220826_121826.jpg20220826_121833.jpg20220826_121850.jpg20220826_121854.jpg20220826_122108.jpg20220826_122114.jpg

Attachments

• 20220826_121806.jpg
    20220826_121806.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 16

Back