Anyone seen this?

I'm telling ya, I'm betting that grill is made by Pit Boss. If so, should prove to be a tough beast. (y)

I'd love to see some up close pics of the controller once it's fired up.

Looks nice quality. My Son's Oklahoma Joe pellet grill kept tripping his outdoor GFCI, something to do with a motor load so they changed it to a 20amp regular outlet.

Great to see you getting it ready to fire up. I know the feeling, when I assembled my Camp Chef I couldn't believe how heavy and awkward it was to put together. Looking forward to reading your reviews on it.

The chicken was quite good. Cooked faster than I expected but was juicy and tender. One thing I noted that I think I saw someone mention on reviews is not being able to set it under 200 deg. Though the instructions and features note being able to go down to 180. So I will be looking further into it as I learn the thing

Interesting, that's one thing I've never cooked on my Camp Chef is yard bird. I've got well over two hundred cooks on it and never once has chicken been one of them. Have to give that a try, usually I do chicken with or without the vortex on the performer.
Very happy for you Larry that your first cook was a success. You will find things cook faster on a pellet grill as it's basically a convection oven with smoke. Especially with HH cooks.

Also so my daughter just tried to order one. Now back to $399. Still $200 lower than when I first saw them but $200 higher than what I paid. She's going to try calling Sam's CS and see if they'll honor the price they gave me
Hopefully they will honor it because I just now checked again and it still shows $199 at my store

1661704340314.png

Well I guess sadly they would not honor it. Yet as of yesterday they still showed it at the $199! Kind of mercenary IMO

Well I guess sadly they would not honor it. Yet as of yesterday they still showed it at the $199! Kind of mercenary IMO
Think in some areas maybe cause they had to much inventory they blew some out at that price, it was never that price at my store was there last week and it was $289 which was still a good deal. They only had 4 and they are gone as of last night they were still $289 when I looked on the Web site could have gotten it from another store though. Today yes they are $399 shipped for free only if you are a plus member.

Good for you Larry you got a killer deal. :) That old saying "he or she who hesitates is lost."

Nah. I did gift her $100 to use towards it. I told her to give me the $100 and I'm gonna watch it. If I see it at $199 again I'll grab it for her and just have her give me the $100 toward it. I still need to learn the controller better though

Back