Anyone seen this?

Larry when I click that link it shows up in my Sams at 289.91 if you can get it at 200 and I am not a pellet guy run don't walk. It has 24lbs capacity for pellets and it does have a pid controller. With the current demise of the grill industry do to sales pulled forward there are going to be some great deals in the next month retailers trying to dump this stuff as don't forget Halloween stuff will be featured first week of September. :)

Larry, not saying that it's the same, but I had bought a ZGrill from Safeway a few years back, (yeah, the grocery store), for around $280 (clearance), and it turned out to be awesome. Sold it to my neighbor last year when I got the Smokefire, and he cooks on it at least 4 times a week, and it's cruised right along without a hiccup. Again, not saying that it's the same grill, just saying that the cheaper models aren't necessarily less quality or function. Good luck.

I sold my pit boss pro 820 in fantastic condition for $250, and haven't missed it.

edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm not sure a basic pellet is going to be a game changer. Mine was decent, yet I voted it off my island.

Is Sam's return policy like Costco? If so what do you have to lose for a few hundred bucks buy it before it sells out give it a whirl bring it back if your not happy. Easy for me to spend your money. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been hashing around getting a pellet grill. Saw this https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-pro-series-pellet-grill/prod26560023?xid=plp_product_1 on sale (just under $200). Gotta say it looks intriguing. Things like Smokefire are just too rich for my blood. But, $200 for what looked to be a pretty decent piece? Maybe I can live with thatI
I tested the pellet grill experience with a used $300 portable RecTec. That Members Mark grill has the cook capacity of a Smokefire EX6 with more pellet hopper capacity. At 200 bucks, it's a great way to test the water.

I bought my Camp Chef about three years ago, it's a basic unit but it's been as reliable as a brick. I quit counting after 125 cooks all of which were trouble free. I would jump on that deal. I like mine espically in the winter when I fire it up and use my Thermoworks smoke to monitor it. Make sure the pellet hopper is full then go in the house until it's done. No running in and out freezing my butt off to check coals or adjust vents.
With the popularity of pellet smokers if you didn't like it, you probably could get your money back selling it at that price.

Winter is so damp here for most part pellets would turn to mush
I have a friend that lives in your neck of the woods. He's been running a pellet grill for about 3 years. It sits outdoors with no cover on it. Pellets in the hopper. During winter, he goes out, sweeps off the snow, and fires it up. My burn tests in very humid central Florida have convinced me that pellets are not as fragile as many believe they are.

I have a friend that lives in your neck of the woods. He's been running a pellet grill for about 3 years. It sits outdoors with no cover on it. Pellets in the hopper. During winter, he goes out, sweeps off the snow, and fires it up. My burn tests in very humid central Florida have convinced me that pellets are not as fragile as many believe they are.
I agree with Lew. Our summer is crazy humid, and I've yet to have to empty a hopper or have any issues with the pellets. Sort of off topic, but same deal with the charcoal left outside in my Performer bin, and the Kingsford container.

On a second view of the Sam's Club pellet grill, the font of the "Pro Series" and the controller look a lot like Pit Boss to me. Never hear much bad about Pit Boss, and Joe Traeger designs for Pit Boss now.

Have to agree with Lew. We are in are monsoon season for the last six weeks with humidity at 80-90% and rain every day. My Camp Chef sits out with a cover over it and the pellet hopper full of pellets. Did a rack of ribs the other day and just fired it up and everything was fine.
Winters here are pretty dry, so the snow isn't very wet. But I still have no issues in the winter with damp pellets.

Back