Anyone Here Using this Coffee Grinder?

I agree with this 100%. Commercial appliances typically don't have as many touch screen LCD controls.

I accidentally set some nachos ablaze with my oven broiler the other week and the heat from pulling them out made my LCD/touch panel permanently wavy. I prefer knobs.
Exactly. I have had poor experience with several major appliances all with touch screen controls...A GE Cafe gas range, 2 Frigidaire dishwashers, a Samsung dishwasher, in every case, it was a motherboard failure. The appliances that I have with knobs, dials or buttons just plain work and have so reliably for years.

Exactly. I have had poor experience with several major appliances all with touch screen controls...A GE Cafe gas range, 2 Frigidaire dishwashers, a Samsung dishwasher, in every case, it was a motherboard failure. The appliances that I have with knobs, dials or buttons just plain work and have so reliably for years.
And I had a Thermador range that gradually dimmed out on me. It went to scrap after a period of turning down the lights to read the display and counting how many times you pressed the button to set the oven. Other parts for it were available, but I couldn't get a replacement screen.

And I had a Thermador range that gradually dimmed out on me. It went to scrap after a period of turning down the lights to read the display and counting how many times you pressed the button to set the oven. Other parts for it were available, but I couldn't get a replacement screen.
We searched for a very basic range when we moved into our primary home 3 years...not very easy to find but they're out there.
We got a Blomberg gas range. No screen, no timer, it does have a self-cleaning feature but I've read that feature is the main cause of electronic/motherboard failure.
We have an older DCS in our beach house. It's fantastic and simple. It has an oven light...that's it. Parts availability is tough but many parts are generic. It's at least 23 years old and works great.

Well I'm thinking I am going to re-order the first one I had. This new one that's supposed to be all so much better. I like how fast it it is. Flow through is quite a lot faster but. Static has once again reared it's ugly head and I have lots of "fines" stuck to the container, blowing around the counter and so on.
It's definitely a higher speed machine but, I don't think it's translating to being a better performer in terms of what I really want. Fewer fines, quiet, no bits and powdery residue blowing all over my counter.

I decided to switch filter brands from the Moccamaster brand to these If You Care brand they had at Sam's. The Moccamasters were fine but a bit flimsy and I fought with a few that liked to collapse when I rinsed them in the basket. Plus these are less than half the price and work just as well.Screenshot_20230829-132342.png

Well I'm thinking I am going to re-order the first one I had. This new one that's supposed to be all so much better. I like how fast it it is. Flow through is quite a lot faster but. Static has once again reared it's ugly head and I have lots of "fines" stuck to the container, blowing around the counter and so on.
It's definitely a higher speed machine but, I don't think it's translating to being a better performer in terms of what I really want. Fewer fines, quiet, no bits and powdery residue blowing all over my counter.
The chances of getting another defective one are pretty slim I would think. Are you returning the newer one?

The chances of getting another defective one are pretty slim I would think. Are you returning the newer one?
IDK, I called Shardor. Decent CS BTW. They said all the static I am getting is definitely not normal. They will be contacting me soon they said. But it sounds like they are going to send a new one

Knock on wood mine's been great so far Larry!
Yeah, I will wait and see what Shardor does. However if they send me a different one and there's no static I'll be a happy guy. I like this one. It's attractive, well built, and fast. But, if I wanted coffee fines all over the counter I would have kept my KitchenAid

Yeah, just used it again today. Lots of weird popping sounds, static cling, went to weigh the grinds stuck all over the inside of the container, blew over the counter when poured out. Coffee was good, but good amount of powdery "fines" even on my med grind for the Moccamaster. They want pictures or video.
I was noting on their Amazon ad for the original Shardor I bought. They note the low noise, low speed motor, and so on as part of the engineering of the anti static and the low noise. I also found what appears to be the same machine with different control type sold under different name Shidiip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BMP5FVGV/?tag=tvwb-20 Same price, even same model number. Interesting stuff LOL

Yeah, just used it again today. Lots of weird popping sounds, static cling, went to weigh the grinds stuck all over the inside of the container, blew over the counter when poured out. Coffee was good, but good amount of powdery "fines" even on my med grind for the Moccamaster. They want pictures or video.
I was noting on their Amazon ad for the original Shardor I bought. They note the low noise, low speed motor, and so on as part of the engineering of the anti static and the low noise. I also found what appears to be the same machine with different control type sold under different name Shidiip https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BMP5FVGV/?tag=tvwb-20 Same price, even same model number. Interesting stuff LOL
Shidiip...could have some fun with that name.

I guess their new one will be here today. There are some cool things about this one over the smaller one. One is it can grind a little finer (though it's not of importance to me) since I typically only make French press or drip/pourover coffee. Though the idea of getting an actual espresso machine has "intrigued" me a little.
The other is while grinding there is a light shining down into the grind chamber (container) so you can see how much is in there.
I also like the ability to switch the control from timer to cups which (as long as the beans don't hang up) is pretty close.
Maybe I just got a faulty one. IDK. I am still in my return window to Amazon so if the new one does not work out I'll simply return and get the smaller one again, but will keep in mind it's slightly lower capability (or not grinding large batch at once). Maybe this is where I went wrong with the OXO? None of these (OXO, or either Shardor) are as robustly built as the KitchenAid is. Which had a much larger direct drive DC motor, very heavy build construction and so on. And could easily grind up say a half pound at a time without breaking a sweat.
Perhaps even on the OXO doing this over heated the burrs and that is what caused the coffee to literally "pack up" in there. IDK

I guess their new one will be here today. There are some cool things about this one over the smaller one. One is it can grind a little finer (though it's not of importance to me) since I typically only make French press or drip/pourover coffee. Though the idea of getting an actual espresso machine has "intrigued" me a little.
The other is while grinding there is a light shining down into the grind chamber (container) so you can see how much is in there.
I also like the ability to switch the control from timer to cups which (as long as the beans don't hang up) is pretty close.
Maybe I just got a faulty one. IDK. I am still in my return window to Amazon so if the new one does not work out I'll simply return and get the smaller one again, but will keep in mind it's slightly lower capability (or not grinding large batch at once). Maybe this is where I went wrong with the OXO? None of these (OXO, or either Shardor) are as robustly built as the KitchenAid is. Which had a much larger direct drive DC motor, very heavy build construction and so on. And could easily grind up say a half pound at a time without breaking a sweat.
Perhaps even on the OXO doing this over heated the burrs and that is what caused the coffee to literally "pack up" in there. IDK
Looking forward to the report on the new one.

BTW, I ended up buying the Shidiip grinder actually the exact same grinder (save for the stainless colored body) as the original Shardor I bought and had the E2 issue with. It does work and sound exactly like the Shardor did. Very clean grind, very quiet but it's slow as well. I think now in looking back I just over used that little Shardor by trying to use it to grind 2 or 3 days worth at a time. I have not tried that with either the larger Shardor (I still have) or the Shidiip to affirm that. But given that both work so nicely on grinding a single pot at a time it really only adds a couple minutes to my AM routine so I'll just use them that way.
Measure the beans by weight, grind that measure of beans, brew.
Though I di have to laugh at their control calibration(s). You can either select to grind by time or by "cup". For some reason they think 12 cups only needs about 20 grams :D

BTW, I ended up buying the Shidiip grinder actually the exact same grinder (save for the stainless colored body) as the original Shardor I bought and had the E2 issue with. It does work and sound exactly like the Shardor did. Very clean grind, very quiet but it's slow as well. I think now in looking back I just over used that little Shardor by trying to use it to grind 2 or 3 days worth at a time. I have not tried that with either the larger Shardor (I still have) or the Shidiip to affirm that. But given that both work so nicely on grinding a single pot at a time it really only adds a couple minutes to my AM routine so I'll just use them that way.
Measure the beans by weight, grind that measure of beans, brew.
Though I di have to laugh at their control calibration(s). You can either select to grind by time or by "cup". For some reason they think 12 cups only needs about 20 grams :D
Yeah, the size of a "cup" varies greatly...US, Euro, coffee maker measure markings...I drink a 16 oz cup but no coffee maker or grinder gives measurements for that. I believe our Moccamasters brew 40oz. max.
I grind what amounts to approximately 80 grams of beans per pot +/-.
I've not had a grinder that weighs the beans. But my scoop holds 10-12 grams depending on the beans. 7 scoops per pot...not always level ;).

I've been using the "standards" I guess which is what Technivorm puts in it's instructions. If I do a full pot (their 10 cups LOL), I use 69 grams. IIRC basically 7 grams per cup. I seem to get a nice brew out of it with that. Proportionally less based on what I brew each AM which typically is between 8 to 9 cups (as shown on the water tank of the MoccaMaster).

Back