Anyone Here Using this Coffee Grinder?

Well I will report back on these when I begin using them. I have about 1/2 box left of the Moccamaster filters
That would be great. Filters are an often overlooked part of the process. They need more love.
Some are too thin and flimsy...some not quite the right size, coffee maker dependent...more applicable to cone style filters. I can't taste any difference in the job they do though.

Just used my last MoccaMaster filter today. Will begin tomorrow with the German ones I just got from Amazon.

So I just today opened the pack of these German made filters. I gotta say I am impressed. It stood up well to the pre rinse without collapsing like the MoccaMaster ones. Coffee was excellent as well. Water flow was just fine. They stand a little taller than the MoccaMaster ones as well. Coming up all the way to the top of the basket. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C79JGH8B/?tag=tvwb-20
Highly recommended
We use the Hario ones. May give these a try on our next resupply

I like the fact they're made in Germany (or even the EU). No bad chemicals allowed there in anything that touches food/drink

So I just today opened the pack of these German made filters. I gotta say I am impressed. It stood up well to the pre rinse without collapsing like the MoccaMaster ones. Coffee was excellent as well. Water flow was just fine. They stand a little taller than the MoccaMaster ones as well. Coming up all the way to the top of the basket. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C79JGH8B/?tag=tvwb-20
Highly recommended
Good info. I'm underwhelmed by the Moccamaster ones. I too find them flimsy. I bought a box of 400 of these If You Care filters at Sam's a month or so ago. $9.00 ....200 for each house. So far, so good.

Kind of a goofy name but they are more substantial than the Moccamaster brand and I can not taste any difference between filters. But having to fight with them not collapsing at 0615 hrs. is annoying.

Good info. I'm underwhelmed by the Moccamaster ones. I too find them flimsy. I bought a box of 400 of these If You Care filters at Sam's a month or so ago. $9.00 ....200 for each house. So far, so good.

Kind of a goofy name but they are more substantial than the Moccamaster brand and I can not taste any difference between filters. But having to fight with them not collapsing at 0615 hrs. is annoying.
I meant to look for those when I went to Sam's yesterday. Totally slipped my mind.

I meant to look for those when I went to Sam's yesterday. Totally slipped my mind.
I was surprised that the Sam's we go to at the beach stocked them. They had no whole bean coffee last time I was there which I thought was strange. Could've been just a seasonal or timing thing though.

Sam's yesterday was pretty well stocked on whole bean. Not so well on dark roast. Costco, used to have a while aisle of nothing but mostly whole bean. Now just 3 racks. And only a couple varieties of dark roast

Just saw this article and thought it interesting about grinding coffee.

There’s a better way to grind coffee, according to science​

Static electricity builds up on beans during grinding, creating mess and waste. Scientists have a simple solution.​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...ail&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_headlines
Can't read the article. Getting so having a lot of hate to these web sites that won't let you in unless you register and or pay them. FWIW, that little Shidiip (same as the first Shardor I got), has absolutely no static at all and makes a beautiful concise grind. My only complaint? It's sloooow and because the hopper is so small it takes 2 cycles and 2 dumps for our AM brew :D

Can't read the article. Getting so having a lot of hate to these web sites that won't let you in unless you register and or pay them. FWIW, that little Shidiip (same as the first Shardor I got), has absolutely no static at all and makes a beautiful concise grind. My only complaint? It's sloooow and because the hopper is so small it takes 2 cycles and 2 dumps for our AM brew :D
Does this link work better. I am a subscriber so I can't tell. https://wapo.st/3RypgP6

Does this link work better. I am a subscriber so I can't tell. https://wapo.st/3RypgP6
I've been using the wet spoon method for 2+ years. It's simple, quick and easy. Just wet a metal teaspoon under the tap and immediately stir the beans in the hopper for a few seconds and grind. It removes the static for 98%. It eliminates the issue. I've found it works in both homes...since the beach routinely has a more humid environment and no humidifier in the HVAC system and the PA house does...at about 47% in winter.

I used to do that with little to no success when I had the KitchenAid grinder. The OXO was better, but this inexpensive Chinese grinder is absolutely amazing. I don't know how they completely tame the static but it does. No clumps, no fines, just nicely ground coffee. No mess on my counter. Honestly the thing is amazing

Our Breville grinder was starting to create static, until I thoroughly cleaned it out (with aid from 110psi air....) It's been static free again ever since.

What Breville do you have? They've piqued my curiosity
It's about a 10 year old Smart Grinder Pro or some such. VERY expensive, and I'm waiting for it to give up the ghost. It's been making some very ugly stalling noises during the grinding process, like something is getting caught up in the gear train.

Back