Anyone having or going to a New Years Eve party tonight?

Not doing anything. Will be asleep long before midnight; will get woken by major fireworks all around the neighborhood.. . And our kooky neighbor who will go out & scream & swear at the top of her lungs, "YOU MOTHER#$&©€$, STOP IT! STOP IT! I HOPE YOU DIE IN #€££!!

Yea, good times...

Oh, heck no.

I've spent a few hours over the last couple of days helping out the local brewery/taproom with a peristaltic pump problem (originally thought it was a motor bearing going out, turns out it may have been a bad assembly from the factory.) Plan is to reinstall the pump on Sunday morning.

I have some fresh lobster tails in the fridge that will probably get turned into lobster risotto for dinner tomorrow night.

I had the son’s family over so I grilled hot dogs, made Meat Church Chili, then let the kids shoot a few fireworks.

Just another evening for Barb and me. Made some turkey noodle soup for dinner and off to bed at 10 pm.

The 2 of us will be at home. I feel like I’m coming down with something, hope it’s not you know what. I’m gonna try and make it till midnight. Nothing on the grill tonight, we’re making Chicken Picata
Duane, FINALLY, a recipe AND it is for one of my favorite ways to have chicken. Hope you enjoyed it and Happy New Year!!!!!!

Please let us know how you are feeling. Praying you are doing better.:love:

Duane, FINALLY, a recipe AND it is for one of my favorite ways to have chicken. Hope you enjoyed it and Happy New Year!!!!!!

Please let us know how you are feeling. Praying you are doing better.:love:
Thank you, I do feel better today. The recipe was just ok, we wouldn’t do it again. The sauce was a bit too thick and heavy.

Thank you, I do feel better today. The recipe was just ok, we wouldn’t do it again. The sauce was a bit too thick and heavy.
Cut that 1.5 tablespoons of flour for the sauce down to 1 teaspoon and then make the roux. That’ll thin that sauce up. The recipe looks good tho.

With all the fireworks going off here in our neighborhood, you would think it was the 4th of July. 🎆
Same here. The county fairgrounds put on a pretty good fireworks show last night that lasted a good 30+ minutes and was over by 6:15. After that it was all fireworks set off by neighbors. Didn't mind it though. With 6+ inches of snow on the ground, the fire danger was zero :)

Cut that 1.5 tablespoons of flour for the sauce down to 1 teaspoon and then make the roux. That’ll thin that sauce up. The recipe looks good tho.
That’s exactly what we thought, we didn’t use all the flour but it was still too much. It did have good flavor. We look at recipes for ideas then do our own thing

That’s exactly what we thought, we didn’t use all the flour but it was still too much. It did have good flavor. We look at recipes for ideas then do our own thing
Then make a cornstarch slurry and drizzle that in till desired thickness. I’m not a big fan of roux. Too much work for too little value.

Back