Anyone having or going to a New Years Eve party tonight?

Here in Petaluma, it’s just going to be the wife and I. We are having Dak Bulgogi and Sangchoo Geotjeori.
Korean names for grilled chicken and a salad.

I never go out on New Year’s Eve. I used to be a cop back in the day when we carried wheel guns. NYE was referred to as “Amateur Night” in my department. New York strip roast on the smoker for the family including my son and his girlfriend, who are stuck here until Monday due to flight delays.

Last edited:
We get together with a neighbor couple, drinks and appetizers. Maybe play a little 4 handed cribbage. Ring in the new year, walk home. No fuss, no muss, and no driving.

Just direct fam. Making some surf n turf; shrimp, scallops, lobster and grilled NY steak then cubbed and tossed in garlic butter (wife has requested I leave some plain and to make her a peanut dipping sauce). Some rose Prosecco or actual champagne, depends what’s worth drinking.

Just here at home with family. Wife is making a salmon sushi type dish and stuffing to go with the ham (pre-cooked) that I'm doing in the WSM right now. Some red wine late this afternoon and then champagne to ring in the New Year later.

Just me, the wife and the kids. Got some grass fed filets and a NY strip in the sous vide, asparagus marinating and about to fire up the grill. If all goes well, I'll be asleep by 10:30. :ROFLMAO:

The 2 of us will be at home. I feel like I’m coming down with something, hope it’s not you know what. I’m gonna try and make it till midnight. Nothing on the grill tonight, we’re making Chicken Picata

Last edited:
had drinks with our neighbors a bit earlier - staying in tonight, making pasta with special beefy ragu sauce. Will enjoy some nice wine and maybe a little whiskey later.

Happy new years to all - and thanks for being my on-line friends! Cheers!

My better half and I typically go to Vegas for nye, but we got hit with covid last week, along with my brother who was also supposed to go. So this is going to be different for us this year.
Just hangout with our 3 year old and pop some champagne and light some fireworks. I sure will miss the craps tables.

Our daughter had a few special menu items at the restaurant where she cooks so we had dinner there about 5 and were home by 6. The place was nearly empty when we got there but was starting to fill up by the time we left.

We have a bottle of Korbel California champagne that we'll be opening shortly (it's about 6:40 CST here and if we make it to 10 it'll be a miracle). As a tie-in to the "You Know You're Getting Old" thread, we can't remember why we originally bought it...;)

My better half and I typically go to Vegas for nye, but we got hit with covid last week, along with my brother who was also supposed to go. So this is going to be different for us this year.
Just hangout with our 3 year old and pop some champagne and light some fireworks. I sure will miss the craps tables.
Mac, CONGRATULATIONS, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

6 years ago today you joined the best site on the internet. HERE of course!!!!!!

Mac, CONGRATULATIONS, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

6 years ago today you joined the best site on the internet. HERE of course!!!!!!
Oh that's soooo funny Joan! I didn't even notice until you said it. Thank you so much. This site has been great and I've had the privilege of actually meeting Chris at a BBQ event at Santa Anita some years back.
Everyone has been more than helpful throughout the years and I feel privileged to have you.

With all the fireworks going off here in our neighborhood, you would think it was the 4th of July. 🎆

Back