Anyone bought a gas range lately?

Looks like we have managed to get another thread totally off the rails. Maybe rename it "Has anyone painted a new range from Home Depot"
Well it certainly won't be the first or last time a thread goes off the rails don't see a problem in this forum now if it was the Weber Gasser or whatever might be a problem not to mention some of the really fun threads happen during the winter people bored out of their minds. :)

QFT. It warmed all the way to 36 degrees today. No grilling planned today.
Heck it was only 36 in the ATL today into the 50's tomorrow and the next day Silver C on duty tonight. Oops did it again off the rails. As I said people get bored wait till football season ends then the real fun threads start. :cool:

I feel like that derail was my fault. I voted for Home Depot ranges and then for comparison I mentioned a couple of things that I wouldn't buy at Home Depot for various reasons. By way of cheap paint, I meant the $15/gallon Glidden Essentials type stuff. People seemed to assume that I was referring to the $30-45/gallon Behr paint. I would agree with other posters that the Behr brand paint at Home Depot is very good and yes, I have also painted my whole house with it.

I feel like that derail was my fault. I voted for Home Depot ranges and then for comparison I mentioned a couple of things that I wouldn't buy at Home Depot for various reasons. By way of cheap paint, I meant the $15/gallon Glidden Essentials type stuff. People seemed to assume that I was referring to the $30-45/gallon Behr paint. I would agree with other posters that the Behr brand paint at Home Depot is very good and yes, I have also painted my whole house with it.
We love to take threads off the rails, and given enough time we'll even start talking about grillgrates :devilish:

If you cook I guess they're all a PIA
Yes they are but you got to go Stainless these days gonna hurt your resale value with white or black appliances. We did our kitchen over about 10 years ago everything is Stainless all the appliances were white at the time we have a friend who is a realtor she basically told us don't even think about anything but stainless or brass fixtures in the house so everything was replaced with chrome or satin nickel.

Yes they are but you got to go Stainless these days gonna hurt your resale value with white or black appliances. We did our kitchen over about 10 years ago everything is Stainless all the appliances were white at the time we have a friend who is a realtor she basically told us don't even think about anything but stainless or brass fixtures in the house so everything was replaced with chrome or satin nickel.
I bought my new range about a month ago now. A realtor would certainly call it "stainless" but the cooktop part that you clean is black.

I bought my new range about a month ago now. A realtor would certainly call it "stainless" but the cooktop part that you clean is black.
What kind of cooktop is it not sure I have seen a gas cooktop which is black but again have not been in the market for awhile. I had a cooktop that was electric that was that infared whatever and yes that glass was black. It looked fine but my wife wanted gas.

What kind of cooktop is it not sure I have seen a gas cooktop which is black but again have not been in the market for awhile. I had a cooktop that was electric that was that infared whatever and yes that glass was black. It looked fine but my wife wanted gas.
This is a regular 5-burner gas cooktop - Frigidaire from Lowe's. I could get the model, etc. from the sticker if anybody really cares.

What is the whining about cleaning black enamel stove tops! For crying out loud it’s the same as a grill lid!
I clean mine with regular dishwater and follow it with Windex, it’s not hard to keep clean, porcelain enamel is GLASS, treat it the same way and you will be fine. I good polish with a virtually dry paper towel will have it shining just fine. Once or twice a month and it looks great. I use my stove HARD so, I’ve dealt with this kind of surface for years. It’s not hard to maintain as long as you really do it once in a while.

Back