Anyone air frying?

Thanks Tim.

Well I forgot about these Awesome Points we get at work for doing something outstanding, and I accrued over 2700 points
the last few months. With these points you get to select numerous things from vacations (2700 points wouldn't get me to Palm Springs) to Air Fryers. You can see where this is going. I looked up Air Fryers in the search bar and then went to instant Pot and there it was 6qt instant Vortex....
890 points and I get an Air Fryer... Ordered and on its way in 10 days. < Not Amazon..
I'm also intrigued by the dehydrate feature...would like to make some beef jerky if thats possible..

I'm intrigued by the dehydrate feature...can anyone school me on that?
Mine has that option, used typically to make dried fruit or meats etc. Tried last year on some of my surplus tomatoes, and after quite a few hours I gave up. Think it would give some good results, but don't think its worth the energy used; after all thats one of an air fryers big sells, to save money & energy.

Thanks Tim.

Well I forgot about these Awesome Points we get at work for doing something outstanding, and I accrued over 2700 points
the last few months. With these points you get to select numerous things from vacations (2700 points wouldn't get me to Palm Springs) to Air Fryers. You can see where this is going. I looked up Air Fryers in the search bar and then went to instant Pot and there it was 6qt instant Vortex....
890 points and I get an Air Fryer... Ordered and on its way in 10 days. < Not Amazon..
I'm also intrigued by the dehydrate feature...would like to make some beef jerky if thats possible..
Haha! That rocks, Jeff.

Three new cooks fwiw...spaghetti squash, BISOCB, fish and chips.

Squash was incredible. Killer.
Chicken was very tasty. Definitely again.
Fish was so-so. I only cook it about 5x/year, and this was the first time in the air fryer.

I'll post pics next time.

I did salmon and halibut in the air fryer yesterday. Halibut for dinner that night and leftovers for fish tacos. The salmon was made into a dip for bagel spread for breakfast. The halibut was really thick and slightly overcooked on top but the middle was perfect. My Instant Vortex 9 quart air fryer can cook in 2 zones at the same time so they were cooked together. The salmon came out perfect, as well.
1675477108984.jpeg

Air fried frozen cheese sticks from Costco as ab appetizer along with pasta night. 1 min preheat 4 min cook.

Sure beats heating up the big oven.

I did salmon and halibut in the air fryer yesterday. Halibut for dinner that night and leftovers for fish tacos. The salmon was made into a dip for bagel spread for breakfast. The halibut was really thick and slightly overcooked on top but the middle was perfect. My Instant Vortex 9 quart air fryer can cook in 2 zones at the same time so they were cooked together. The salmon came out perfect, as well.
View attachment 65968
YUM

Back