Anyone air frying?

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
Tips? Suggestions?

A friend gave me one for a new years gift.

So far I've done zucchini coins and coconut shrimp.

The zucchini was good and the shrimp was amazing. Better than deep fried. How that's possible I'm not sure.

20230112_193303.jpg20230112_192349.jpg

Last edited:
Not air frying, but the convection oven does about the same thing if you have a proper basket for the air to circulate.

I just got one for healthier eating. I also just experimenting right now. I made turkey bacon burgers last night and they were pretty good. I’m going to an air fryer class put on by our local Recreation Department in a couple weeks. The air fryer is easy to clean and, although I have a convection oven, the air fryer is only 110v and takes no time to heat up. I’m going to try chicken thighs this weekend.

We got one (the Ninja one that bakes, broils, makes toast, flips up out of the way and haven't really figured out what else. Works pretty decently but such a PIA to clean up all we do pretty much is make toast

We were given a small one several years ago and used it a few times. Gave it to daughter when we got an air fryer lid for the instant pot. I've used the lid to cook bacon and brown off a couple of whole chickens and some ribs that were cooked in the IP. One thing I've found is spraying a little oil on things really improves the crispness.

Got one as a Christmas present and just getting started, made some homemade French fries that were really good. gathering up some recipes to try.

We got pretty much this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SCGY2H6/?tag=tvwb-20 one. Makes great toast, passable as an air fryer but total PIA to clean. Nice because it flips up and out of the way, but it's interior height leaves a lot to be desired. Wife wanted an air fryer but still wanted a toaster oven big enough to hold a pizza. I hated the huge toaster oven so I got this. It's OK and does a lot of things though other than toast none of them really well

One advantage getting one as a gift is not having to do all the research. I just plugged it in and started cooking.

The one I have is a 4 quart by Instant pot. 13.1'' length x 10.1'' wide x 11'' height.

It seems a pretty good size for our needs, and it's really easy to clean.

IB_140-3079-01_140-3006-01_Vortex-Plus_4QT-6QT-SS_ATF_Square_Tile1.jpeg

One advantage getting one as a gift is not having to do all the research. I just plugged it in and started cooking.

The one I have is a 4 quart by Instant pot. 13.1'' length x 10.1'' wide x 11'' height.

It seems a pretty good size for our needs, and it's really easy to clean.

IB_140-3079-01_140-3006-01_Vortex-Plus_4QT-6QT-SS_ATF_Square_Tile1.jpeg

I bought the same one in the 9 qt. size than where you can have 2 cooking zones and temps and have them each finish at the same time or one big zone. I got it at Amazon about the same price as yours in “like new condition—in original box, box will be damaged”. The box was beat up but the packaging was so well done, the appliance was still perfect. It’s coating cleans very easily. Mine is also black, not stainless.

I have had a Cuisinart TO-65A for 2 years, air fryers for 6. My first was a GOWISE. Worked great but reliability was terrible.
With it just being Mary and I, It gets used 3 to 4 times a week. Works great and it’s small, perfect for 2! Makes killer garlic bread!

1673635919586.jpeg

convection oven. i've looked at these smaller air fryers and don't want to lose countertop space. our microwave oven also has a crisping setting and non-stick plate which works well for smaller, air frying type of reheats.

I bought the same one in the 9 qt. size than where you can have 2 cooking zones and temps and have them each finish at the same time or one big zone. I got it at Amazon about the same price as yours in “like new condition—in original box, box will be damaged”. The box was beat up but the packaging was so well done, the appliance was still perfect. It’s coating cleans very easily. Mine is also black, not stainless.
That is the one daughter bought. She likes it. Says she can cook 2 different things at same time with different temps and cook times

Back