Anybody ever heard of brown durawood?

Thanks Bruce, I learned to clean them up like that from you and this one did come out pretty much looking like new.

Crazy how that lid held up so well considering the condition of the rest of it.

Glad you were able to weld the frame. Let me know if that doesn't work out ... I still haven't made it to my storage

Sanded, cleaned, and got the first coat of paint on my end caps. They look decent so far. I used the regular hi heat paint on this coat because I had most of a can left. I'll finish it with the hi heat ultra as long as they look good to me after the second coat. I might not want the shinier paint highlighting my remedial painting skills.IMG_20240611_200117901.jpg

Sanded, cleaned, and got the first coat of paint on my end caps. They look decent so far. I used the regular hi heat paint on this coat because I had most of a can left. I'll finish it with the hi heat ultra as long as they look good to me after the second coat. I might not want the shinier paint highlighting my remedial painting skills.View attachment 93184
Excellent work. Looks really good!!

So the base coat has a lower heat rating is my understanding. So, I wondered if the top coating's resistance would be compromised

So the base coat has a lower heat rating is my understanding. So, I wondered if the top coating's resistance would be compromised
Ok, I see what your saying. I assumed that the heat rating was similar between the regular hi heat paint and the ultra. I thought the biggest difference between the two was shine, but I could easily be wrong about that.

They are both rated for 1200 degrees. After sandblast I used Ultra for all coats.

They use different chemicals to make surface flat, and would not mix. These are thin film paints, and layers bonding is very important.

They are both rated for 1200 degrees. After sandblast I used Ultra for all coats.

They use different chemicals to make surface flat, and would not mix. These are thin film paints, and layers bonding is very important.
So what you are saying is that the ultra won't stick to the flat? I'll have to think about that one because I think I've done it before.

Back