Anybody ever heard of brown durawood?

Just math, measure the width of all 6 slats, subtract from Z-metal length, then divide by 5 if you want flush. Then take your calipers and find something to use for spacers.

3/8" nuts measured 0.323 which is just over 5/16 and worked for me. For Bottom tables I added (2) pennies to the 3/8" got me around the 7/16". I had a bag of change I was taking to Coinstar, and grabbed a couple of pennies which were just under 1/16" + 3/8 hex nuts was my 7/16

Bolt Depot shows 1/2-13 nuts to be 7/16" thick.
As you mentioned the goal is just to keep the spacing uniform, so depending on your slat width adjust the spacer.

So maybe I just glue pennies together for spacers aahaha

1/16 per penny, got it !

Those wood slats are gorgeous. And the CAD drawings are pretty cool too. Does anyone know if there are places that sell them pre-cut? Just curious, not looking to purchase... yet. lol

I used the slats from the right hand side flip up table to make the top table, the slats were in nicer condition. I mounted them to two brand new zbars that I had for a top table. I just have to finish the drop down table. I didn't have new hardware for that one but was able to scrounge like new stuff that I just cleaned up and put a coat of wax on. I have a decent donor grill and I will start taking that apart when I'm motivated next.

Attachments

• IMG_20240606_205600192.jpg
    IMG_20240606_205600192.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240606_205544607.jpg
    IMG_20240606_205544607.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 4
After seeing them slats with the perfect spacing between all of them, I'm embarrassed to even look at my slats on my 5000😪
Just beautiful

Those wood slats are gorgeous. And the CAD drawings are pretty cool too. Does anyone know if there are places that sell them pre-cut? Just curious, not looking to purchase... yet. lol
I used the slats from the right hand side flip up table to make the top table, the slats were in nicer condition. I mounted them to two brand new zbars that I had for a top table. I just have to finish the drop down table. I didn't have new hardware for that one but was able to scrounge like new stuff that I just cleaned up and put a coat of wax on. I have a decent donor grill and I will start taking that apart when I'm motivated next.

Looking good Steve you got more time then me it seems !

This is my old swing table from 7 years ago when I was in my Fat Wood phase. I will not get to assembling the frame until this weekend and wanted to finish that swing-up table.
  1. Is the support arm bracket upside down?
  2. Can you give me the dimensions from the bottom of the slat to the centerline of the rod on this bracket?
  3. Is the top hinge bracket supposed to be all the way flush with the top end of the slats like it was here?

Weber table.jpgweber grill.jpg

Since I am not a grill rebuilder, I have no other grills to compare or get measurements from.
If I flip the top bracket over does the flat edge line up with the ends of the slats or inset and if so how much?
My frame is not assembled so have no reference for the swing-up support height. Can you measure one and tell me where I should mount for the correct function?

Thanks

I can measure it, but I think if you just flip those two brackets over they should be just about right based on the photo.

This thread shows the top bracket like mine.

The support bracket is flipped, and he shows the tape measure on the old one.

I was trying not to drill too many holes in my pretty new slats to get table level, guess I would wait until I mount and adjust until it sits level. I just figured you guys who rehab these grills would have some dimension or factory parts to measure or send a pic.

This is my old swing table from 7 years ago when I was in my Fat Wood phase. I will not get to assembling the frame until this weekend and wanted to finish that swing-up table.
  1. Is the support arm bracket upside down?
  2. Can you give me the dimensions from the bottom of the slat to the centerline of the rod on this bracket?
  3. Is the top hinge bracket supposed to be all the way flush with the top end of the slats like it was here?

View attachment 92728View attachment 92729

Heres a pic of a rusty one ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240607_070148_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240607_070148_Gallery.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 6

Back