Anybody ever heard of brown durawood?

One more tip, and something that I just remembered to do. If you take the tank scale apart like I do to completely refurbish it, you have to recalibrate it when you get the grill all back together. They aren't the most accurate things to begin with so doing this is important. Hang an empty propane tank on the grill and note where the pointer is. You want it to be pointing pretty much to the last line on the tank level sticker. To make the adjustment you just tighten or loosen the wing nut on top of the scale until it points to the right spot. You will also want to bounce the tank up and down a little bit because the scale can be a little sticky just to double check it is somewhat accurate. If you didn't take the scale completely apart none of this will matter because more than likely the wing nut to make the adjustment is fused to its bolt with rust.

One more tip, and something that I just remembered to do. If you take the tank scale apart like I do to completely refurbish it, you have to recalibrate it when you get the grill all back together. They aren't the most accurate things to begin with so doing this is important. Hang an empty propane tank on the grill and note where the pointer is. You want it to be pointing pretty much to the last line on the tank level sticker. To make the adjustment you just tighten or loosen the wing nut on top of the scale until it points to the right spot. You will also want to bounce the tank up and down a little bit because the scale can be a little sticky just to double check it is somewhat accurate. If you didn't take the scale completely apart none of this will matter because more than likely the wing nut to make the adjustment is fused to its bolt with rust.
Tank scale recalibrated.IMG_20240703_133554223.jpg

All back together except that I need a new set of flavorizer bars and a new set of white walls for the wheels. I put it back together in the house because it was raining and super humid in the garage. I'll try to drag it outside tomorrow and take some better pictures in the sun. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out. There's always a couple of things that could have been done a little better.View attachment 93858View attachment 93860View attachment 93861View attachment 93865View attachment 93866View attachment 93867View attachment 93868
Steve I'm so glad you told me about the 9930. I'm going to use the hell out of mine! And I'm so happy with the deal that I got on them. Perfect timing!

Another example of something you didn't know you needed, happy to help. Post some pics of them when you get them.
Absolutely I will!

You know I haven't even been here a month. It says my start date was on the 10th and I have learned quite a bit already from you guys. I've done a lot of similar stuff but not worked on these older Weber's until just before I came here.

Back