Anybody ever heard of brown durawood?

I'm all for Steve pulling in a record pay day for that amazing one of a kind grill if that's what he wants to do but I think some things are worth more than $
You're right, I'm not in any big hurry to part with it. I do enjoy just looking at them after I finish them. The old ones are works of art, like a classic car. I will do another one at some point when the inspiration hits me. I could never keep cranking these out because of the sheer amount of hours that go into making one as perfect as I can. If there was a tremendous market for nostalgia that I could capitalize on, that may be a different story. I'm going to let the rest of you guys help me with my fix for the time being. I need more restorations and less collecting of old, cheap grills. Put up or shut up 😄

You're right, I'm not in any big hurry to part with it. I do enjoy just looking at them after I finish them. The old ones are works of art, like a classic car. I will do another one at some point when the inspiration hits me. I could never keep cranking these out because of the sheer amount of hours that go into making one as perfect as I can. If there was a tremendous market for nostalgia that I could capitalize on, that may be a different story. I'm going to let the rest of you guys help me with my fix for the time being. I need more restorations and less collecting of old, cheap grills. Put up or shut up 😄

I agree with you. It doesn't seem like there is a market for super high level restorations. I don't really want to build one on the cheep to make a few bucks. I want to build them with the highest quality parts to the highest standard I can achieve. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of them but I know I would rather donate a high-end resto to someone that will appreciate it rather than selling it for less than I value it at.

I'm excited to see what you all build and I'm excited for the next few I have planned out in my head.

I wish I was retired and I could spend more time working on these projects but that's something I'll have to look forward to for now. I definitely won't be bored when I retire.

I don't know what I'm going to do with all of them but I know I would rather donate a high-end resto to someone that will appreciate it rather than selling it for less than I value it at.
Josh, while I appreciate your desire to help out the less fortunate I don't think I would ever just give someone something that I spent a ton of my own time to make super nice. I don't even cook on one of my high level restorations. I have an old, but fully functional Genesis Platinum series grill that I cook on regularly. I could buy a brand new one if I wanted to just like you could. I just wouldn't give someone a nicer grill than I have because they aren't as well off as me. I might give that person a decent, functioning grill but that would be the extent of my charity. Do a nice restoration and put it on FBMP or OfferUp and see what happens. Don't short change your efforts.

Josh, while I appreciate your desire to help out the less fortunate I don't think I would ever just give someone something that I spent a ton of my own time to make super nice. I don't even cook on one of my high level restorations. I have an old, but fully functional Genesis Platinum series grill that I cook on regularly. I could buy a brand new one if I wanted to just like you could. I just wouldn't give someone a nicer grill than I have because they aren't as well off as me. I might give that person a decent, functioning grill but that would be the extent of my charity. Do a nice restoration and put it on FBMP or OfferUp and see what happens. Don't short change your efforts.
I'm afraid my price would probably be way too high. I would price it at what I value it at. I'm sorry but I would be much happier to find someone who really appreciated it and give it to them for free. That would be worth more to me than money and would make me happier than taking less money than I feel it's worth to me. If I sold it for less than I feel its value is to me I feel like that would be short-changing myself. Maybe I'm crazy lol. I'll be happy to keep some of my restos and use them.

Maybe I'll throw one up for sale with a big number on it and see what happens.

I'm afraid my price would probably be way too high. I would price it at what I value it at. I'm sorry but I would be much happier to find someone who really appreciated it and give it to them for free. That would be worth more to me than money and would make me happier than taking less money than I feel it's worth to me. If I sold it for less than I feel its value is to me I feel like that would be short-changing myself. Maybe I'm crazy lol. I'll be happy to keep some of my restos and use them.
Well, I certainly can't fault you for your generosity and I do understand about not just giving one away for less than you think it's worth. That's why I said to at least try and sell them first. If you do give them away, at least give yourself credit at tax time!

Well, I certainly can't fault you for your generosity and I do understand about not just giving one away for less than you think it's worth. That's why I said to at least try and sell them first. If you do give them away, at least give yourself credit at tax time!
Maybe I'll throw one up for sale with a big number on it and see what happens.

Back