any blackstone griddle fans out there?

LOL I just had the same thing in a group text to my family. I think sometimes the device thinks it's smarter than you and corrects what is not wrong

Nice to see the Blackstone users here, I felt a little bad about my couple of posts regarding mine since this is a Weber forum ;)
I have the 17" and the 22" with the table and the 20lb tank adapter.
Neither will replace my LittleGriddle insert on my Genesis, but I do like the variety of cookers. I prefer the 22" for the dual heat zones.

I’ve been thinking about getting a griddle for a while, this thread made up my mind! I decided to go with the 2 burner Blue Rhino. I like how it collapses when not in use—I’m running out of room!. It seems well made, very solid and sturdy. I was surprised to see a 20lb. adapter hose and heavy duty cover included. Can’t wait to season it and try it out. It will live between my Genesis and Performer when not in use!

B2369048-8C4F-4FF2-B7F5-BD38E4C921F0.pngE8B78D8A-EA28-4D70-A5E2-2E9C00DB6645.png1BDB2C50-588D-4D72-AF8E-3A0A4649C8E1.png

ok I have been having a blast with the 17, it works great at home on the patio but will pack up to transport for camping...the little coleman propane cylinders will fit inside the stove itself along with the temp control valve - grease cup and the griddle fits on top turned upside down...perfect fit

if you wanted to just use one of these at home only I would atleast get the 2 burner version with a stand, the additional heat control would be a great feature to have even if you are only cooking for a couple of people. This thing has made me want to do ALL my cooking outdoors, I purchase another griddle from camp chef to sit on top of my explorer 2 burner stove that looks just like the blackstone version.

My brother in law has a couple of Blackstone items and seems to love them......and about 1/2 of the people in our RV park have at least one Blackstone...usually a smaller griddle or the 'tailgater' griddle/burner combo and they seem to like them alot...

That being said I'm going old school with a 14" Lodge CI pizza stone that I already have that I'll be using on my 22" kettle (unfortunately still in the box, still waiting for Pacific Power to get our new house electrified) as a flat top

First time using the adapter with a 20 lb. tank. Did some sausage with pepper and onion sandwiches for lunch today. I think I’m gonna like this little guy!

Are you still liking the Blue Rhino? I just picked one up used and so far love it. I just did bacon and swordfish. An additional shelf on the right side would be nice. It would have to be removable so that it could still fold. I will have to think on how this could be done.
20211015_180205.jpg20211015_181148.jpg20211015_182352.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve got the 36” Blackstone. It’s of lesser quality than I expected. Had some rust right out of the box. The plastic is super cheap. My farthest burner does not light right away. Some small things here and there.

The griddle itself is not flat, it’s got several low spots. Cooks fine, great even, but I really thought it was better quality than it actually is. Cooks great, food has been awesome.

I’ve got the 36” Blackstone. It’s of lesser quality than I expected. Had some rust right out of the box. The plastic is super cheap. My farthest burner does not light right away. Some small things here and there.

The griddle itself is not flat, it’s got several low spots. Cooks fine, great even, but I really thought it was better quality than it actually is. Cooks great, food has been awesome.
The one I restored was also starting to rust and the paint was badly faded. Here is a before and after.
241282468_6997479936944287_8623066778451777684_n.jpg20210917_191018.jpg20210917_191002.jpg

Ya know Sam's Club sells what appears to be a REALLY nice griddle
I like the Blue Razor Rhino for a few reasons:
It has a hinged lid. I find most griddles do not.
It is just the correct size as just the 2 of us.
Portable and foldable and has wheels.
uses 1lb or 20lb and came with hose.
Has front grease cup - much more convenient than a rear one.
Got it used for $110 in great condition.

I have the 22" Blackstone, and love cooking on it. My only complaint is right out of the box it got WAY too hot on its lowest setting. I'm talking 450-500 on low. So, I added an adjustable regulator that connects to the 20lb. tank, and that fixed the issue. Much more useble now.

Have also thought about these from time to time but never pulled the trigger. Not the right time but for the fun of it I went to see what was listed on CL and this looks like a nice unit. I really like the table surround.

Have also thought about these from time to time but never pulled the trigger. Not the right time but for the fun of it I went to see what was listed on CL and this looks like a nice unit. I really like the table surround.

That is quite cool. Never saw that surround before. You would need quite a bit of real-estate for that. Also the lid is not hinged and would not be practical to use to keep heat in if you wanted.

t1b3Pb1.jpg

I watched an RVing video the other day in which a couple swapped their Weber Q for a Blackstone 22" two burner griddle with hood. If you were RVing, which would you choose between these two?

Can you post the link? Also that is a month away, only for 4 days, and in limited quantities
I stumbled accross that ad in another forum. This is the 3rd year in a row that WM has had a unique model available for Black Friday. I have yet to even use the one I bought last year for $99. Here is a link that I found:

Last edited:

Back