Another Genesis 1000 rehab, FB marketplace find for free

I have several of the black plastic ones. Let me know if you need one. Those screen ones above would likely work just fine as long as they are the same size as a Weber burner. I have removed several from burners and put them on a used set that didn't have them. They slide on just fine but you have to remove the air adjuster to do it. Just mark or remember how open/closed the shutter was before you remove it.
i tried finding a replacement for my melted spider guard but no luck. If you have an extra Id greatly appreciate your offer. There are an abundance of spiders in my back yard and I’d like to use my original burners - one of the few things that came with this grill that didn’t need to be replaced. I’ll send you a DM.

I just received the Qulimetal 9 mm stainless steel grates. Amazon is so frustrating with how they pack their boxes. They used a box way to big for the grates with zero padding or packing material. The box came smashed and ripped. One of the two grates will not sit flat on the grill, there is a significant wobble. So I have no way of knowing if this is a production defect or shipping damage. Either way they are going back.

this is unfortunate because the grates seem really nice. really nice weight, and the dimensions fit perfect. I think I may order the grates now though from bbqparts.com they are $120.00, so $20 more than the qulimetal. Slightly smaller at 8 mm, but I have more faith that they would be shipped with more care and less chance of damage. Or I could just take my chances again with Amazon…

Well, I totally understand the frustration, but all you are really out is some time with Amazon's return policy. I would give them another chance, but if you just want to go with the BBQ-Parts grates, I totally understand. From what I understand, they are really good grates.

If you tell Amazon they shipped them badly when you return and set it up for an exchange I can tell you from personal experience with them, they do correct the issue the next time

If you tell Amazon they shipped them badly when you return and set it up for an exchange I can tell you from personal experience with them, they do correct the issue the next time
Unfortunately there was no exchange option, just refund. I did leave in the comments the problem with shipping. i may give them another chance. i was looking to see if there was anyone to contact, however this happened to me once with a hard drive getting shipped the same way. They were unable to fix this. So I just stopped ordering delicate things like hard drives from them.

the RiversEdge flavorizer bars also came and they are great. I think they were shipped out directly from RiversEdge and packed great. Even had a protective vinyl adhesive on each bar. Much better quality and thicker (16 gauge) than the Hongso ones. Also fit perfectly in the cook box. not stacked on each other like the Hongso.

Unfortunately there was no exchange option, just refund. I did leave in the comments the problem with shipping. i may give them another chance. i was looking to see if there was anyone to contact, however this happened to me once with a hard drive getting shipped the same way. They were unable to fix this. So I just stopped ordering delicate things like hard drives from them.
Well, you can send them back for a refund and buy a second set in the mean time. Only difference is that you have to wait for the refund.

Well, you can send them back for a refund and buy a second set in the mean time. Only difference is that you have to wait for the refund.
yeah, that’s what I did. i just haven’t reordered yet. If I do, I will get them next Monday. I’m just impatient and eager to start cooking on this grill already. I may go with Quilimetal because of the price and quality. But the pros of bbqparts are a reputable company, American made, and no cross bar in the middle, so easier to clean.

the RiversEdge flavorizer bars also came and they are great. I think they were shipped out directly from RiversEdge and packed great. Even had a protective vinyl adhesive on each bar. Much better quality and thicker (16 gauge) than the Hongso ones. Also fit perfectly in the cook box. not stacked on each other like the Hongso.
Good to hear positive feedback on RiversEdge

I haven't heard any negative reports on the RiversEdge flavo bars yet. Did you put a magnet to them to see if they are magnetic?

I have several of the black plastic ones. Let me know if you need one. Those screen ones above would likely work just fine as long as they are the same size as a Weber burner. I have removed several from burners and put them on a used set that didn't have them. They slide on just fine but you have to remove the air adjuster to do it. Just mark or remember how open/closed the shutter was before you remove it.
Hi Bruce,
I lost both spider guards.Please let me know how to acquire them from you .Thank you

Just received my new grates from bbqparts.com. Now I wonder if I am being too nit picky. The grates are nice and heavy, fit nicely on my grill. Though a very slight diagonal wobble. what really bothers me though is how roughly textured some of the rods are. When looking up close they seem to be deep scratches. There are also a couple of nicks that catch your finger nail. Maybe my expectations are higher because we have nice all clad stainless steel pans in our kitchen.

however I still feel that for the money these cost they should be smooth to the touch and blemish free. Do you think I am being too picky for something that is used for cooking outside?0B67FCD0-0713-497A-905D-63170B9A9666.jpeg

Back