Another Genesis 1000 rehab, FB marketplace find for free

But not on a Flare connection. No tape or dope needed or recommended on those connections.

But not on a Flare connection. No tape or dope needed or recommended on those connections.
LOL, that was another jewel I found on the burned E330. When it was converted, white Teflon tape was used on the flare fitting to attach the NG hose.

20220905_162356.jpg

Yah, I have seen the white stuff used on gas fittings. But that tape is designed for water and not suitable for gas fittings, much less using any tape on a flare fitting.

Don't forget to put some pipe dope on the threads of the new one, not Teflon tape.
Yep, I learned my lesson when attaching the acme adaptor to my original hose. I used too small an amount failing the soapy water test. Just needed to apply a little more

Is it worth it to get something like this to attach a new style hose. I have an audio background where using an adaptor is a last resort

F20FF363-06C3-4A4D-A805-3A298C5CD364.png

Is it worth it to get something like this to attach a new style hose. I have an audio background where using an adaptor is a last resort

View attachment 58927
I've have done that on a couple. It adds a little cost but makes many hoses and regs avail and easy to swap out if needed. Just use pipe sealant on the 1/4 inch section., not the flare futting

Just received my new hose/regulator, is there anything on the regulator that can be damaged by impact. In typical Amazon fashion it was sent in a thin paper envelope with zero padding. Any cause for concern?

Not really. They're very simple devices. A spring and a diaphragm
Hooked everything up, everything seems to work now. blue flames across all burners and heat this time. I will get a picture when it’s darker. I am using the original burners with a new cross burner tube. The only thing they are missing is one spider guard. Any suggestions for fashioning one out of wire mesh?

I think you can buy the spider guards, but you might have to get a set of three. I could send you one if necessary.

I think you can buy the spider guards, but you might have tto get a set of three. I could send you one if necessary.
Thank you! I will let you know if I can’t figure something out. How much would you want for one? i found the part number for the set of three (Weber 4089700) but it doesn’t seem to be available anymore anywhere. I thought I would be able to use screen mesh to fix the one that is damaged. However it looks like it got melted pretty bad and doesn’t look salvageable.
it also looks like there is a side burner spider guard available, but it is pricey with the shipping and I would have to buy a special drill bit to enlarge the diameter hole to just under an inch.

I found these, but not sure if they would work with my burner tubes. These are them and below is the side burner guard.

0363DEF7-AA96-4E3E-9D53-767EF7E41FB4.png

F3480EEE-77CE-430F-AFEA-891477D9D68D.png

I have several of the black plastic ones. Let me know if you need one. Those screen ones above would likely work just fine as long as they are the same size as a Weber burner. I have removed several from burners and put them on a used set that didn't have them. They slide on just fine but you have to remove the air adjuster to do it. Just mark or remember how open/closed the shutter was before you remove it.

The black plastic spider guards that came with this grill all pretty much fell off when I picked it up. The plastic hinges were not closing. I though I would just clamp them shut with some stainless steel adjustable tube clamps. Now that I I am looking at the burner tubes, those air shutters seem like they may be too far open. I really don’t know how the should be adjusted
FFFC0233-7303-4134-BA12-E35970128A80.jpeg

Put them at the halfway position and start from there. I would say yours are a bit too closed but it is hard to tell from camera angle.

Back