And now for something completely different...

D Livingston

TVWBB Fan
Not Weber related, but this group seems to have some pretty sharp minds so...

I am currently waiting on delivery of my mid-life crisis vehicle, a Jeep Wrangler Sport that I ordered last month (it's been built and is waiting to be shipped). I have only named two other vehicles in my life, my first car was Opus, from the Bloom County comic strip, and more recently a Corolla called Yoda (Toyoda), which my oldest daughter has kind of taken over to go back and forth to college (she works most weekends back home). I feel like this one needs a name, and I really like geekdom references or something related to my career as a geologist (which some would say is pretty geeky as well).

This is what it will look like:
y4mAkBhJiJWTyO5msHsvkUnOKqAqwD9KU36na5UcAvbEfJmtlt17v38-y5jl98zBoS5yJoj_zHgA0UempaiegiJkCuL59ZiNlrbo4xLX7Pl05UDUFtSBXZp0zmBnbXdU11aPirMAmm-lZBTDXALsbyFepi-MKvU0VVOgxg1DY1e5TResDoN99PJPluspfTJEcb4

and I don't want Bumblebee...too obvious.

I was leaning heavily towards the Razor Crest from The Mandalorian, but after what happened on Tython...

Here is a working list of potentials:

Rey (from Star Wars SPOILER ALERT with her yellow saber)
JARVIS (Iron Man's AI)
M-Bot (AI/starfighter from Brandon Sanderson book)
Bruce (Brucite, a mineral that can be yellow)
Zippe (Zippeite, a yellow mineral)
N-1 (Naboo fighter from Star Wars)
R2-C4 (Yellow droid from Star Wars)
Tim (Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

My wife likes Bruce, as do I, but it is not normally yellow, so it doesn't work as well as I'd like. I kind of like N-1 (hey kids, it's time to leave, go get into the N-1), but the prequels were just...bad.

I will not settle on a name until I've driven it some, to make sure it fits. But I would like some input, if you all don't mind, from this esteemed group (and I'm open to something not on the list). Opinions?

I don't have any name opinions, just wanted to say nice Jeep! Oh, and don't forget to wave to other Jeeps....it's a thing. ;)

Jeep #4 for me ('92, '97, '11, and this one....'04):

IMG_3732.jpeg

I don't have any name opinions, just wanted to say nice Jeep! Oh, and don't forget to wave to other Jeeps....it's a thing. ;)

Jeep #4 for me ('92, '97, '11, and this one....'04):

View attachment 20200
I'm a jeep guy also, although not right now. 1980 CJ5, 2005 wrangler sport, 2001 wrangler (dingy for the motor home), 2006 liberty.
Remember a dirty jeep is a happy jeep.;)

Since the old Cherokee was black it was either “BaaBaa” but more often I referred to it as “Eugene”...think Popeye!
So far, almost four years in, the KIA has not found its name. Too much a grocery getter for anything clever. When I said it was kind of a “soccer mom car” my loving wife just about stared me to death!

Back in the mid 70's us BMW drivers would do a light flash and a wave. Back then American cars could not do a light flash so it was novel.

During dinner last night, I read some of the responses from here and the whole family got into a brainstorming session (my wife is also trading in her van for a new vehicle and is contemplating names too). So now the list has been adjusted, in no particular order, as such:

Rey
M-Bot
Zippe
Ringo (Starr - sang Yellow Submarine)
Sulu (Probably my favorite yellow shirt wearing crew member of the USS Enterprise from the OS)
George ("I will call him George and I will love him and pet him and squeeze him")
Kenny (Baker - actor that played Fidget in Time Bandits and R2-D2 in Star Wars)
Bert or Kibbler (Big Bang Theory geologist)

Keep them coming if you think of any.

Now if they would just ship the dang thing so I can drive it and see what fits.

Last edited:
Ringo Starr (Richard Starkey) to be a stickler.
I like Kenny Baker (not just Fidget but, Bill Monroe’s fiddle player for many years)
Bert is quite apropos though given your profession!

Not that anyone is as excited as me, but I got a text earlier this evening from my salesman with the picture below...my Jeep has arrived. I should be picking it up tomorrow. Having said that, there is a new leader in the potential name list, and it's not one that was listed above.

Fits both a subtle geek reference to a good story (my favorite character from Sir Terry Pratchett's The Watch books), and a reference to my job, being also a geological term (all of the trolls in Ankh-Morpork have geologic names).

Detritus.

y4muY2aBrmkAhaldV5980-s853qB2iTjriMsgmXUjo2KZtLddzHPzZhMinoK-ve67zLpGM0eBJEff9er3DmVXiaOPE7yx6feTbIz3q5d_2wRikjkgOoJ-rNeSAJ-jTZzJdMeLIZOqPVax0A63epZLtiGZa96pfh12WJrvfFJhIybLDPslxqYz4jmgfqKzuPyK2d

I'll have to drive it around some to make sure it fits, but I think it's likely to be the one.

To a lot of people "detritus" also means waste, junk, etc. but if you're sharing the name only with family, friends and other rockhounds I don't think anyone will get the wrong idea.:unsure:

Last edited:

Back