And.....more wings

Todd NC

TVWBB Pro
I seem to post more pictures of wings than anything. I need to get better at grabbing the camera than grabbing my beer on other cooks....well, maybe better at grabbing both. We decided to have a pretty laid back Sunday this past weekend and tossed some wings on the 18" WSM. Here is how it played out.

Getting the charcoal started with a few chunks of oak that I've had in my cabinet for a while.

17836390341_ae8b513f2b_z.jpg

Now we're cooking with..CHARCOAL!!! Put the mid section on to help keep the smoke from covering me up on the patio

17836399711_afcdcc78df_z.jpg

The tunes for this cook. My niece suggested this to me after a discussion on bluegrass and the Steel Drivers. Pretty good stuff.

17648387810_8558bf55fd_z.jpg

And then it was time to let the wings flap around on the grate for a while. These were soaked in an brine for about 3 hours then rubbed with a pork and chicken rub, both from Oak Ridge BBQ. They have great stuff. If you haven't tried any of it you should.

17836411161_02e1814a08_z.jpg

Close to being sauced....but not quite there yet.

17836420261_03bb62372f_z.jpg

Sauced with some KC Masterpiece, mixed with a little rub, and thinned with some Bulleit bourbon.

17648416370_4c692aa4d0_z.jpg

I need to get more creative with my plating but the food was great. Served the wings with some grilled corn and scalloped potatoes.

17649699899_99eee4a195_z.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Smoke Day pics. We're planning to do a butt and some corned beef on Saturday with a breakfast of smoked Neese's sausage (the cook's gotta have good eats to start the day). Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and a fantastic Memorial Day weekend. Let's not forget the reason for the holiday and remember those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

Todd

The whole plate looks pretty tasty, don't feel bad. I don't know how many times I have done a cook and said dang I forgot the pictures again. I am trying to do better....lol........

Great looking wings. It's 9pm here and you got me ready to run to the store and get some while the charcoal is heating up. But I guess I'll just admire yours.

Todd;
It looks like you nailed it! The WSM without the water pan is the absolute BEST chicken cooker, EVER!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Those look very good Todd! That's the only way I cook chicken anymore, my 18.5 and no water pan. Comes out great.

Back