Amazon aftermarket flavorizer bars - genesis 1000

When I did my daughters 1000 originally for myself I bought these in 2017 on Amazon for under 14 bucks looks like they are still available for 28 bucks no issue with the crossover being to short. She has never had a problem with them.

Hongso 7506 29 Inches Stainless Steel Burner Tubes Set for Weber Genesis I - IV, Genesis Platinum I & II, Genesis Platinum B/C, Genesis Gold B/C Gas Grill (with Side Control Panel) 3033609 SBG506

Edit: Hard to remember I actually think it was Bruce who found these.

This is my own personal grill, that I bought 29 years ago and put basically no money or effort in keeping running for 28 of those years.

$90 vs. $45 is a very minor consideration in my opinion.

Since we’re on the subject, I am seriously considering buying another set from Weber, since they don’t “go bad” and might be discontinued 20 years from now when I (maybe) need a new set, lol
Maybe consider buying that 2nd set on ebay. Search "Weber OEM 7506". There's a guy on there who has them listed at $49.99 + $27.45 with a Best Offer option. I offered up $60 all-in for a set and he took my offer. I can confirm that they are genuine Weber burners for the 1000 series in a sealed and unopened package.

@Brian B Atlanta I looked at the hongso burners and did not buy them because they list the width of the crossover tube as 12-3/4, and that's too short and the tube will fall out of the burners. Maybe you were lucky and they put the correct length tubes in your set.

I wasn't lucky on two other vendors from amazon. I remembered I posted about it last year...

Anyway, here's the hongso tubes on amazon

1659986577029.png

1659986647343.png

1659986735947.png

Attachments

• 1659986615530.png
    1659986615530.png
    29 KB · Views: 0
This is my own personal grill, that I bought 29 years ago and put basically no money or effort in keeping running for 28 of those years.

Since we’re on the subject, I am seriously considering buying another set from Weber, since they don’t “go bad” and might be discontinued 20 years from now when I (maybe) need a new set, lol
Check out bbqparts.com or grillparts.com. They both sell the original Weber tubes for around $65 and $72 respectively. If you need any other parts from those places $10.00 shipping isn’t so bad. I was planning on going that route knowing they would fit well, I’ll pay premium sometimes for the path to least resistance.

Maybe you were lucky and they put the correct length tubes in your set.
Dan that was in 2017 and for sure the crossover did not fall out of the tubes. I wonder if they just have a bad spec or incorrect one listed for the crossover maybe the burner tubes are slightly wider on their offering so its not an issue for the crossover only one way to find out. Buy a set if thats the case return it they have stellar reviews.

When I did my daughters 1000 originally for myself I bought these in 2017 on Amazon for under 14 bucks looks like they are still available for 28 bucks no issue with the crossover being to short. She has never had a problem with them.

Hongso 7506 29 Inches Stainless Steel Burner Tubes Set for Weber Genesis I - IV, Genesis Platinum I & II, Genesis Platinum B/C, Genesis Gold B/C Gas Grill (with Side Control Panel) 3033609 SBG506

Edit: Hard to remember I actually think it was Bruce who found these.

Yep, I still have my sub $14 burners on my 1000....My son has the grill now however.

Yep, I still have my sub $14 burners on my 1000....My son has the grill now however.
Bruce I thought it was you who came up those burners which I bought. I don't remember any issue with the crossover being to short but like I said above it was 2017.

Yah, I think one outfit selling them just had a bad run or maybe got Silver B crossovers mixed into the 1000 burners or something like that.
I have bought dozens of burner sets for the 1000 grills over the last 5 years from different outfits on amazon and never got a set where the cross over was too short.

John,
A personal use grill with a long sentimental history is a lot different than what a number here do on finding, fixing and flipping old Weber grills. I think for you, the security of knowing you have OEM burners can make sense if you are not on an otherwise tight budget. For those of us who have bought numerous sets for flip purposes, that price blows a resale out of the market which will only pay so much for a restored grill. So, take the “ouch” reactions from that perspective and not as a personal slight.

I have bought a number of sets and so far haven’t been bitten by the “too short” crossover, but I have some unopened boxes, so who knows. I do know that if they fit, there are several decent non-OEM burners that work fine. You are in a different category, though, and I think appreciate having genuine Weber parts and accept their higher cost.

One last thing I will say is that the VERY OLD Weber burners with the plastic spider guards were made of higher end, non-magnetic 304 stainless. These are kind of treasures to fans like me of the earliest Weber gas grills and can sometimes still be wire brushed to near new. I am pretty sure you will find that the new OEM Weber burners are now the cheaper, magnetic 430 stainless steel. They are still fine and will fit well. At least you won’t have to fool aground with plastic spider guards tha eventually break. Best wishes on another 2+ decades of REAL Weber grilling on that classic Genesis.

Last edited:
Yah, I think one outfit selling them just had a bad run or maybe got Silver B crossovers mixed into the 1000 burners or something like that.
I think that's a good guess. Even with having to buy the crossover separate, it was still a good overall price.

I wonder if they sorted it out or not.

John,
A personal use grill with a long sentimental history is a lot different than what a number here do on finding, fixing and flipping old Weber grills. I think for you, the security of knowing you have OEM burners can make sense if you are not on an otherwise tight budget. For those of us who have bought numerous sets for flip purposes, that price blows acresay out of the market which will only pay so much for a restored grill. So, take the “ouch” reactions from that perspective and not as a personal slight.

I have bought a number of sets and so far haven’t been bitten by the “too short” crossover, but I have some unopened boxes, so who knows. I do know that if they fit, there are several decent non-OEM burners that work fine. You are in a different category, though, and I think appreciate having genuine Weber parts and accept their higher cost.

One last thing I will say is that the VERY OLD Weber burners with the plastic spider guards were made of higher end, non-magnetic 304 stainless. These are kind of treasures to fans like me of the earliest Weber gas grills and can sometimes still be wire brushed to near new. I am pretty sure you will find that the new OEM Weber burners are now the cheaper, magnetic 430 stainless steel. They are still fine and will fit well. At least you won’t have to fool aground with plastic spider guards tha eventually break. Best wishes on another 2+ decades of REAL Weber grilling on that classic Genesis.
The stainless ones burn through or split too. It probably has more to do with expansion and contraction. Usually the cross burner tube fails first.

The stainless ones burn through or split too. It probably has more to do with expansion and contraction. Usually the cross burner tube fails first.
Oh yeah, but I do think they were better than what you get now. I have seen ruined ones but also recovered ones that are still very useable. I especially like that for a really old Genesis to keep some more originality.

Oh yeah, but I do think they were better than what you get now. I have seen ruined ones but also recovered ones that are still very useable. I especially like that for a really old Genesis to keep some more originality.
FDBD75F7-7B20-4E0E-9FA0-5840435F5CA2.jpeg4ECFC6E6-8D87-45D4-9329-C1031E60745A.jpegAE894E65-CA1D-4548-8C55-3C17C388586C.jpeg
Jon- first, thank you for the previous post. I really appreciated the way you took the time to explain some of the conversation and you are correct in the sense that I have a lot of good memories about this old grill and money wasn’t my first concern.

That said, I checked my old burner tubes and in fact two tubes and cross bar look salvageable. The back burner, not so much.

That back burner is what opened up Pandora’s box and started me on the quest to refurbish this grill.

And brought me here.

I never realized there was a group of enthusiasts surrounding Weber grills, but now I know and consider myself a part of this group.

Once again- thanks.

I try to salvage the stainless ones. If they are not split or damaged they can be paired with a new crossover and live on.

The new front mounts short burners don’t hold up like the old long ones.

I have a dozen or more used sets in my parts pile. Both Silver B and 1000. I have been simply buying new ones for my rehabs as buyers like NEW. But lately, I have been cleaning up the old ones as the prices have gone up quite a bit for the aftermarket ones. I need several cross over tubes however as those don't seem to last as long as the tubes themselves.

Thats interesting Bruce I would think that new flavorizer bars would be more important to be new you really don't see the burners.

Back when Home Depot, Lowes, etc stocked Weber burner tubes I ended up getting new in box sets on Craigslist. Usually someone brought the wrong set or realized it was too much work or got a new grill. Those days are probably gone…

Brian, grates, flavo bars and burners all are important. In that order. Buyers just like the words "Stainless Steel" and "NEW". The more times I can list those words in my adds, the better for sales. If i find a set of SS solid rod grates, I will clean them up ever time however. They clean up just like new and save me about $60 over a new set for 20 or 30 minutes of work.

Back