Aaaaaaaaand, we're smoking. Pit master roll call . . .

The deed was done (KBB, some pecan chunks, Memphis Dust & Rufus Teague):

PICT0791_zpseijhpwgf.jpg

PICT0795_zpstrsed74z.jpg

PICT0800_zps2ovqwi2v.jpg

Last edited:
Sunnyvale, ca checkin in here. Errands today and smoking Sunday and Monday. Pork butt with Memphis Dust tomorrow, and three racks of baby backs with chicken thighs on Monday.

Just got home and noticed no one from the Southern Hemisphere was on the map- OK then- Mini fired up, quick prep of a rack of ribs purchased at Costco Sydney yesterday (after picking up a H 18.5 OTS Brownie to restore) and we are smoking! Macadamia shells and Banksia cones. Southern Hemisphere on the Map.

I know smoke day has come and went and I missed it, but it is still raining in Rowlett Texas with some of it being deluge type rain.
The radar map looks like there will be a break around noon with thunderstorms forecast to reform again in the late afternoon.
If I get that window of opportunity I have some babybacks and fixins ready to go and even if it fibbing a little I am going to claim 2015 smoke day.
All of the food y'all took pictures of looks great.

I ODed on pork Ribs, Butt, ans Sausage
Smoked all day on the WSM then finished off with smores on the performer

Company coming today.
Pork butt cooked and pulled yesterday.
Brisket on the this morning.
Was gonna cure that little cut off, thin flat end, but changed my mind.
Oakridge Black Ops for the rub.

20150524_081701.jpg

Well, my whole smoke day got changed. Any who it was a blast! A buddy of mine who's been learning his culinary craft traveling the world was back in town. He rolled over and took me to school on the proper way to "grill fish" and use cameras. Another cool thing is he left me a bunch of sauces and ingredients that I can barley pronounce. I cut him lose on the Jr while I man the XL. I hope I didn't break any rules by changing up the cooker.

unnamed_zpscrtajwob.jpg

20150519_220639_zpsmfnij1h9.jpg

IMG_0991_zps5c01721f.jpg

IMG_1003_zps2aa52ed4.jpg

16c8432a-3eb0-4941-b429-319e3af83cf3_zps36d0b35d.jpg

IMG_1033_zps84890b7e.jpg

IMG_1048_zpsc0e537fb.jpg

Cinnamon-chipotle rub on 32 lbs of peach-kissed pork butt here in the hills of TN...the Smokies smell like pecan about now...

Its been a busy weekend of grilling and smoking…
Friday night: filet mignon and rib-eyes
Saturday: king crab
Sunday: lamb chops
Today: 2 pork shoulders (a little over 20 lbs)

A Happy Memorial Day to all our vets past and present. I know many say Memorial Day is not about BBQ`ing and going to the beach but every Veteran I know including my father spends the day with family and friends. I think all Vets would agree that Memorial Day should be spent enjoying our freedom with family and friends, whether its in the backyard BBQ`ing or at the beach.

God Bless,
EB

Long Island here, smoked salmon, buffalo wings and swordfish (first time for me, came out great)

20150523_152925_zpsyjttmkyi.jpg

20150523_195034_zpsgycypjw8.jpg

20150523_212519_zpskvtk3dgg.jpg

Last edited:
Simple smoke day at my place, I did a couple racks of ribs with my modified Armadillo Willy rub, made some crowd-pleaser sauce, foiled 'em and went over to feast with friends (they did all the sides). Ribs were pronounced excellent.

Back