A quiet 9/11 chop and corn casserole dinner

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
In the morning, I paid my respects at our local 9/11 memorial.
A piece of I-beam from one of the Twin Towers is on display.
IMGP3036.JPG

IMGP3039.JPG

IMGP3038.JPG

Dinner was simple, just loin chops, corn casserole, and a salad.
IMGP3042.JPG

IMGP3043.JPG

IMGP3044.JPG

An appropriate all American drink was chosen, and supper was served.
IMGP3052.JPG

IMGP3049.JPG

A reflective day was ended with some fine American whiskey.
IMGP3072.JPG

No, we will never forget.
God Bless America!

Aman Bob and a fine looking meal. Could you pretty please post the recipe for your corn casserole? Thank you.

Thank you Scotty and Andy!

Scotty,
It's much the same as Paula Deen's.
Except I added a beaten egg, pickled jalapenos on my half, with cheese and bacon on top at the end of the cook.
Two half filled char-baskets of KB (indirect) ran the covered grill at 350, as per her recipe, and it took about an hour.
Oh, and I sauteed some chopped onions in the butter before adding it to the batter.

Great looking dinner Bob. We're headed to NYC next week and will be visiting the Ground Zero site, Kerry and I visited a couple years after when they were still doing the clean up. I vividly remember hearing about the first plane hitting the tower on the radio on the way to a job and the customer brought us down a tv into the basement so we could watch what was going on. 24 Canadians died and people from 39 different countries excluding the USA.

The two most vivid memories of world events I have are the Assassination of JFK when I was in grade 8 and the World Trade Centre. Our thoughts are with you too.

Only problem with Paula's recipes are the total amount of fat & calories that come with it. Why she is baby boomer diabetic. But no doubt it is good.))))):::::::::::::::>> d

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Only problem with Paula's recipes are the total amount of fat & calories that come with it. Why she is baby boomer diabetic. But no doubt it is good.))))):::::::::::::::>> d
But David honey, don't y'all know, it only calls for one stick of butta!:)

Actually, it's a pretty standard recipe, and most all call for a stick of butter.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

But David honey, don't y'all know, it only calls for one stick of butta!:)

Actually, it's a pretty standard recipe, and most all call for a stick of butter.

Heck, I went and printed her recipe, maybe I'll cut the butter by 5-10%, so I can feel better about myself.:cool:)))))::::::::::::::::>> d

Back