A new Weber pellet grill - The Searwood

Just an FYI: Recteq is teasing an all new model coming out in about a week. I look for some real advances as they have been using the same basic design (a good one) for a number of years. I am betting they watched the Smokefire initial rollout problems with trepidation and have been extra cautious about bringing this new one out.

Just an FYI: Recteq is teasing an all new model coming out in about a week. I look for some real advances as they have been using the same basic design (a good one) for a number of years. I am betting they watched the Smokefire initial rollout problems with trepidation and have been extra cautious about bringing this new one out.
Turns out they didn’t release anything groundbreaking. Well I guess a pellet fueled griddle is a first but it’s a weird one.

Seriously a pellet griddle? Why? Talk about a waste of time
Yeah, I don’t totally get it. Of course, Recteq doesn’t want to be left out of the griddle fad, and unlike Weber they have almost no experience with gas burners.

I suppose for some things you can griddle with the cover closed and get a minimal amount of smoke flavor.

Yeah, I don’t totally get it. Of course, Recteq doesn’t want to be left out of the griddle fad, and unlike Weber they have almost no experience with gas burners.

I suppose for some things you can griddle with the cover closed and get a minimal amount of smoke flavor.
Gas burners are a heckuva lot simpler. Metal tube, meter gas in, ignite it. Way more complicated to control a wood fire with accuracy

Yep. Even Traeger has a gas griddle. Pellet version seems like a gimmick as you'd have no zone control. The RecTeq Smokestone is $999. Maybe if you could swap the griddle for a grate you could have a big direct fire pellet smoker?

Rec tec is a solid company and they have great pellet grills, so I'm sure they put a lot of R&D into so I willing to wait and see it first in action! That griddle guy will probably have a video of one soon!

Rec tec is a solid company and they have great pellet grills, so I'm sure they put a lot of R&D into so I willing to wait and see it first in action! That griddle guy will probably have a video of one soon!
They’ve posted several videos. It cooks the food but seems to be a solution without a problem. At $999 it’s just overpriced IMO. Never once when cooking on my $300 Blackstone have I thought it would be better if fueled by a single pellet burnpot.

Now if you could swap the griddle out for a grate? Maybe.

They’ve posted several videos. It cooks the food but seems to be a solution without a problem. At $999 it’s just overpriced IMO. Never once when cooking on my $300 Blackstone have I thought it would be better if fueled by a single pellet burnpot.

Now if you could swap the griddle out for a grate? Maybe.
Yeah, you described it best. A solution with no problem. Can't imagine why someone would want a griddle with one super hot spot

I still don't get the reasoning behind it. It likely needs power to work. If it was say something not in need of any outside power source (electricity or gas), then yeah I could kind of understand. But just to say "I have this big flat piece of steel with a small fire pot under it" is somehow a game changer. I'm just SMH. And I am sure it will not be cheap either

Traeger didn't have any experience with gas burners either but even they did not go this route with their griddle. It really seems silly to me but what do I know I assume they did some market research at least I hope they did.

Not quite sure of hopper being on side though one never knows. The wording is a little weird but.....................

Back