A new favorite condiment

I don't get out often to try new things, but had a chance to try Thai Chili Ketchup, and I liked it and bought a jar.
I love this stuff when I need a kick, curious what you all have found recently? Tim

A new favorite

dsc_0811.jpg

That looks good Timothy!

I was at a friends house on Tuesday & they had a collection of boutique hot sauces that were up to 20 years old, and they had a thing of Valentina in the fridge they said that ran out every couple months. It wasn't very hot (to me) but it had a pretty good flavor. I remember thinking it could substitute for chili powder in tacos or a pot of chili (my usual chili uses ~2T in 8 quarts, so not very much).

Yea Valentina is a staple in my house with the boys. Picante sauces are alright, but have a bitter taste ( to me ).

Tim

Hey Chuck, do you jazz it up at all or just go straight from the bottle.
I marinade in it for several days, I then flame roast them over oak, and I sprinkle a spicy rub on them while they're cooking. I have to tell you, SBR's would make a fine dipping sauce, just don't use the sauce you marinaded in

I tried some of that SBR's Wing sauce for todays lunch..... I looked for tabasco-Sriracha while @ the store too but it wasn't there.

The SBR-Wings is pretty close to Franks Redhot, & as usual I added a bunch of stuff: black pepper, jalapeno flakes, garlic powder, hab sauce, sesame seeds, onion powder, sesame oil. I simmered for ~8 minutes, then thickened with a slurry of water with corn starch. Pretty good! Finishing them off right now along with a frozen pizza (don't judge!) I also picked up a bottle of the Valentina, there were 2 kinds - regular & hot.

15493810_10208042219355196_1893763237703042171_o.jpg

I like to taste the meat I'm eating so no over the top stuff for me. So basically it's either plain ole tabasco or the genuine srirachi. Sorry I'm boring on this issue. Have tried the really hot stuff and just didn't get it.

I like to taste the meat I'm eating so no over the top stuff for me. So basically it's either plain ole tabasco or the genuine srirachi. Sorry I'm boring on this issue. Have tried the really hot stuff and just didn't get it.

I didn't either - it took me being tormented by my friends over the years before it really grew on me (You look like you're going to have a heart attack! & they'd lol). My mom made HOT wings a few times in my early teens. Tabasco & sriracha is pretty hot too. I like tabasco in soups, in ketchup, on a lot of things really - it's good stuff. I like sriracha on noodles but really don't eat much of it.

Last edited:
I didn't either - it took me being tormented by my friends over the years before it really grew on me (You look like you're going to have a heart attack! & they'd lol). My mom made HOT wings a few times in my early teens. Tabasco & sriracha is pretty hot too. I like tabasco in soups, in ketchup, on a lot of things really - it's good stuff. I like sriracha on noodles but really don't eat much of it.

I put Sriracha on spaghetti myself. My wife asks if I even tasted it without it on, the answer is always "no" I like a kick to my spaghetti and it adds a nice one.

A friend of mine makes killer grits and says his secret ingredient is fennel seed. I'm going to get some and try it in some of my rubs and sauces. And grits.

Hey Chuck, do you jazz it up at all or just go straight from the bottle.
I re-read your post and and realize you're asking if I do anything to the sauce it's self. I didn't with the SBR's sauce but I have with similar (Franks, etc) added 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder per bottle. Sometimes I'll add a shake or two of Worcestershire Sauce

The SWB's buffalo sauce is much better than Frank's (imho)

One of my favorites is to make a single batch of #5 sauce and add two tablespoons of Sriracha for chicken. I may give SBR buffalo sauce a try as I do like SBRs products.
I have a bottle of Franks that I've had for about six months that I haven't opened yet, just can't bring myself to pay five bucks a pound for wings.

This stuff is amazing! Especially on my Pastrami Ruben Sammies

2a7c3e15-b4f8-4b70-afdc-c94543463e22_1.1759d5c7e7b14c83f6b77174108a5a5a.jpeg

Great Horseradish Mustard ChuckO. ^^^^^^

My new favorite condiment
Perfect for wing dipping, and doubles as a tasty salad dressing.

7wMmiq3h.png

Last edited:
I got it at Safeway, I've seen it at a couple Safeway's, so you should be able to get it at one near you. Good Stuff, Maynerd!

Back