A Merry Weber Christmas To You All!

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
It's another Christmas, and in spite of a very, very hard year, time to count our blessings. One for me is the friendship and camaraderie I enjoy with all of you here on this board. Closer to home - our new home in an altogether new life here in Indiana - we are blessed to have both of my sons being able to visit with us over Christmas. My older son turned 30 today. He was a Christmas Eve baby all those years ago. He is a steak lover like his Dad, so even though it was 18 degrees and all I had was my Weber Q100, I managed to turn out some really good NY strips, with the help of Sam's Club prime.

IMG_6095.jpeg

My wife had me also pick up Cheesecake - my son's favorite - for a birthday cake. She has these "Roman Candle" birthday decorations. They are kind of cool, since you can make almost any age with the right combination. However, my son got a big laugh at the unintended consequences for his 30th birthday:

IMG_6097.jpeg

So, A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all. Here is a link to a neat personal Weber Christmas story I posted three years ago. Those of you who have been regulars for a while, I know have seen it. But, for you newer members who probably haven't, I hope you will enjoy it!

Merry Christmas and a MUCH HAPPIER 2021!

Jon

Merry Christmas Jon. This is the first Christmas we have had both our children with us at once for a good ten years.

Well we muddled through at my dad's house. It was the first Christmas Eve anyone had spent there since before my mom passed away about 6 years ago. Certainly not a full house. But it was a pleasant evening. You will see my step niece across from my nephew (oldest boy of my sister who passed away last year), and also my brother and his wife (he promises 3rd one is the charm LOL). Of course the cast of eats in the photos are grilled lobster tails, mussels with tagliatelle and white wine sauce the calamari I sweated so many hours over trying to figure out how to do it grilled. Anyway things went about as well as could be hoped
20201224_170117.jpg20201224_170130.jpg20201224_170142.jpg20201224_170147.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!

My wifes brother and his family are spending the holiday with us up from Texas. Their 6 yr old son is such a joy to see open his gifts. Its great to have a full house since it is just my wife, myself and our dogs Dallas and Mystic. No human kids for us.

Got the in laws later this afternoon with a big home cooked meal. After 14 inches of snow earlier last week, it was all melted this morning from heavy rain and wind sadly.

I did have a chance to cook some pork chops on the red top yesterday. They were free from the local meat market because my wife is friends with the owner. :-) the wife made cheesy scalloped potatoes from scratch. The owner gives us empty wine bottles for us to share our home made wine with him, so the meat cuts were a suprise! :-D

Enjoy the holiday everyone!

Attachments

• 20201211_184808.jpg
    20201211_184808.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 13
  • 20201211_184745.jpg
    20201211_184745.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20201211_190635.jpg
    20201211_190635.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201211_185140.jpg
    20201211_185140.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1607868517340.jpg
    FB_IMG_1607868517340.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 13
Merry Christmas. We had a quiet Christmas just Barb and me and the two pups. Barb volunteered to work an 8am to noon shift at Safeway, it was crazy they were the only store in town open all the others were closed including Wal Mart.
I smoked a spiral ham on the Camp Chef and made a glaze for the ham and some cranberry's while she was at work.
Phone calls to the kids in California our youngest daughter came down with Covid a few weeks ago a very scary thing for our family. Fortunately it was a mild case and she is doing much better now.
The pups got their toys for Christmas and had a long day and crashed both Christmas eve and Christmas.
Stay safe and hopes for a better 2021

101_6129.JPG

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to everybody, my family is in CO skiing so had the grand dogs with me. Had a few toys for them under the tree which one of them lasted 5 minutes before they tore it to shreds. :) Made myself some fried sea scallops washed down with a bottle of Cab pretty tasty.

My brother his wife, my brother in-law as well as a few other people I know also had Covid recently but all good, be careful out there.

Back