A Better Burger

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Our local sprouts had boneless chuck roast on sale so I got a three pounder and had them grind it for me for hamburgers. I’ve been using Costco’s 85/15 but it’s just a little too dry for burgers. This grind is about 80/20 to 75/25.

Barb made some homemade hamburger buns were still trying to find the right bun to hold up to a stout burger. These seem to work well and had great flavor.
DSCN5969_zpss3bvjpqb.jpg

Home fries using Weber’s Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning with a little EVOO as a binder.
DSCN5985_zpseankayxt.jpg

Grilled onions
DSCN5991_zpsgkbxqjbd.jpg

Sorry no action shots with the wind I was concentrating on the burgers.

The burgers and fries were perfect, great flavor and very moist served with provolone cheese, tomato, lettuce and mustard on the homemade toasted bun.

DSCN5992_zps1yjl0ymk.jpg

DSCN5995_zps6ypqjhtq.jpg

DSCN5999_zpsk5lbk3a4.jpg

Have a Great Week

Last edited:
Mmmmmm, looks delicious. I shouldn't be looking at this as my lunch isn't ready yet and I just want to eat that right up!!! Great job!

Rich outstanding!! From the homemade buns to the fries everything looks delicious! It seems to me the bun often makes the burger and your homemade bread looks great, especially toasted like that. That is one fine looking meal. Awesome job!

Barb has great buns...and your no chuck roast yourself Rich..all kidding aside, those are great looking buns and burgers.

Looking good, Rich! I need a good burger, been a seafood weekend (not a bad thing, just need some turf!)

Which bun recipe is that one? All your breads in the other post look great!

R

Looking good, Rich! I need a good burger, been a seafood weekend (not a bad thing, just need some turf!)

Which bun recipe is that one? All your breads in the other post look great!

R

Rich, those are the ones you posted the recipe for in your brisket sliders thread. Barb just made a few tweaks and took your advise and toasted them.

Rich, those are the ones you posted the recipe for in your brisket sliders thread. Barb just made a few tweaks and took your advise and toasted them.

:)

I thought those turned out pretty well, but I think they need a bit more enrichment than the recipe calls for to soften them up a bit.

R

Rich: I have to ask...have you had many unexpected guests show up at your front door? Since 3D printers are now a reality I'm hoping someone out there is working on a scratch 'n sniff monitor. I need one...badly. :)

Back