550 Degree Pork Chops on the SmokeFire

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Sorry, no action shots. When you got 550 degrees working, there's not a lot of time for photos. I'm sure many of you know, BBQ Pork Chops is a real challenge, mostly not drying them out. I decided to see if BBQing at 550 would keep the Pork Chops from drying out, and it did. High heat BBQ does Pork Chops wonders

Just under 8 minutes on the grill

5LfHpdZ.jpg

The Gus was very tasty, but you probably don't need to cook Gus at 550

qsmzCj7.jpg

The corn had no problem with the 550 degrees. Will likely cook them at that temp again

BlVmi8y.jpg

My plate: I took the one that looked the most dry, because I'm that kind of guy

ORLwRAU.jpg

I was very happy to find out it was still quite juicy. One of my best BBQ Pork Chops (not counting breaded Pork Chops)

zGnt5OQ.jpg

Pumpkin prefers Chicken

Lrsbnmo.jpg

Great looking chops!! I love the thicker cut ones (usually get mine from Costco) for grilling. They stay more moist. I usually put Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning on mine.

Sorry, no action shots. When you got 550 degrees working, there's not a lot of time for photos. I'm sure many of you know, BBQ Pork Chops is a real challenge, mostly not drying them out. I decided to see if BBQing at 550 would keep the Pork Chops from drying out, and it did. High heat BBQ does Pork Chops wonders

5LfHpdZ.jpg

qsmzCj7.jpg

The corn had no problem with the 550 degrees. Will likely cook them at that temp again

BlVmi8y.jpg

ORLwRAU.jpg

I was very happy to find out it was still quite juicy. One of my best BBQ Pork Chops (not counting breaded Pork Chops)

zGnt5OQ.jpg

Pumpkin prefers Chicken

Lrsbnmo.jpg
The heat coming off at those temps is Intense. Nice work so far!

Man that cut shot of the pork is as good as a cut shot of a quality steak! Great cook! I laughed at the 550 asparagus. I am glad you are loving the new cooker!

Like the char on those.

I reverse sear thick porterhouse pork chops on the Kettle.

That corn looks delicious.

Chops at 550 look delicious, no more photos needed , I love the flavor of chops done on the grill imparts a special flavor, your sides are spot on.
Poor pumpkin is thinking so no fish for me????

Chud grilled a pork chop at high heat, looks really good , don't know if it really is, but it passes the eye test.

5LfHpdZ.jpg

qsmzCj7.jpg

BlVmi8y.jpg

ORLwRAU.jpg

zGnt5OQ.jpg

Pumpkin prefers Chicken

Lrsbnmo.jpg
My version of Pumpkin prefers anything from a pig. Chicken is okay and she refuses to eat cow. 😆

Back