50/50 chuck and lamb burgers

Really nice spread, Brett! I'm not an onion ring fan, but I recognize a proper job when I see one! :) Nice work all around, I'll bet that combo of lamb and chuck was excellent! Happy FD!

R

Really nice spread, Brett! I'm not an onion ring fan, but I recognize a proper job when I see one! :) Nice work all around, I'll bet that combo of lamb and chuck was excellent! Happy FD!

R
Thank you and HFD!

Everything turned out well. Burgers went to 120 on the CI grate, then indirect to 135°F. Juicy and flavorful. Seasoned with salt as they hit the CI. Made a homemade spread. And made some curry ketchup to dip fries and ‘rings. Even had a garden salad to balance it all out. It’s always great to have a full table. The blessings that my kids still tolerate me 😂😂😂

Well, now we know what you decided on! :)

Plate size on the grinder?
I researched it and believe it’s the 8mm coarse plate, a double grind as shown. Comes out perfect for beef, lamb and pork. For chicken I use the same plate but single grind as chicken is less fibrous and melts on a double grind.

I researched it and believe it’s the 8mm coarse plate, a double grind as shown. Comes out perfect for beef, lamb and pork. For chicken I use the same plate but single grind as chicken is less fibrous and melts on a double grind.
Sounds about right. I use the 7mm plate on my grinder most frequently, though I also have a 4mm and 10mm plate when they are needed. Some sausages that I do I go with 10mm, then grind half through 4mm for some texture variety.....I don't think that would be ideal for burgers, so will stick with the 7mm. Thanks for looking that up, you saved me 30 second on Google! 🤣🤣

Sounds about right. I use the 7mm plate on my grinder most frequently, though I also have a 4mm and 10mm plate when they are needed. Some sausages that I do I go with 10mm, then grind half through 4mm for some texture variety.....I don't think that would be ideal for burgers, so will stick with the 7mm. Thanks for looking that up, you saved me 30 second on Google! 🤣🤣
I resorted to the online RTFM as that was the most logical place to look. Now I know.

Hopefully we’ll pump out some sausages later this summer. There’s an old favorite I’m dying to make. Hoping I can recreate it from memory and a few online guides. Thin Italian chicken, cheese and parsley in a round snake.

Back