50/50 chuck and lamb burgers

Man, you guys keep raising that bar!
Brett, I have got to make a westward trip and share a plate of ANYTHING YOU FEEL LIKE MAKING!
That looks like a wonderful afternoon of gustatory elegance! Well done sir!

Wow, Brett. Fantastic cook!
Thank you, @Tim Campbell. It was nice to have a slow paced day to cook and relax while doing it. And a good sous chef helps, a lot. My middle son mandolined the potatoes and I showed him the details of making fries. Soaking the stick in water, rinsing the water 2x, and then soaking and adding a generous amount f kosher salt. The salting helps the fries firm up and they absorb some flavor.

The an two stage fry; 1st at 350F for 3 minutes, just till cooked through then pull and drain and cool them. The second fry is done at 375F till lightly browned. And it was his first time making onion rings.

Hope you had a wonderful FD! And thank you for staying along for the ride and positive feedback. Much appreciated.

only good comes from bubbling vats of oil! Everything looks spectacular, as expected with Brett's preparations.
sometimes you just have to splurge on a fried food. we don't eat much deep fried anymore but what's a great burger without homemade fries and rings? there was a healthy side salad but i forgot to grab pics of it. i hope i can continue to keep the bar high. sometimes a grilled cheese makes a great dinner too :cool: i'm excited that summer is here. i can get a little more casual as we have friends over for dinner and drinks. looking forward to slowing down a tad and enjoying life's fruits (and fermented grapes). thank you for your support and very kind words.

Man, you guys keep raising that bar!
Brett, I have got to make a westward trip and share a plate of ANYTHING YOU FEEL LIKE MAKING!
That looks like a wonderful afternoon of gustatory elegance! Well done sir!
thanks, @Timothy F. Lewis! to me, very few things re as fun as serving up a quality meal for family and friends. cooking is about my only creative outlet and you'd laugh if you knew how much youtube cooking i watch to feed my brain. i just like to learn about other cultures, their food and cooking styles. this meat blend can go in many directions. i'll be making kofta kebabs with the remaining grind; adding in drained shredded onion, sumac and S&P and putting the meat on those 1" flat sword skewers and going over direct coals.

when you're out west, let me know. we're always up for a good time.

hope you had a great FD and thank you for all your continuous positive feedback. much appreciated!!!

Damn!! I want onion rings now.
when you're up here visiting your EDH buddy, lmk. we can thrown down a fun spread and kick back. and i'll even go through the hassle of making more onion rings (they're a lot of work when making three large onions worth). i need to build my island with that 100k BTU jet burner so i can get through frying much faster. the Summit 670S' side burner is like running a marathon on one leg. you can do it but it's not great. i just didn't want the fry smell inside the house.

Back