Clay Neubauer

TVWBB Pro
Wings, ABTs, Ribs, etc.

Well, since winter won't seem to go away and let us do what we should be doing in the second half of April, I figured it was probably fit to spend some time cooking instead of working. For some reason (maybe I hesitate picking up a D7000 while handling raw meat?) I never got a prep pic of either one of these, so I guess I'll just pretend there is no sequestration and call "Smoke on".

ribs-1-3.JPG

Wings been on for awhile.

wings-1-2.JPG

Time to give them a bit of sauce. How can you go wrong cooking with Guy?

wings-1.JPG

ABT's looking about ready. I can't remember who posted these pepper racks on this forum awhile back, but thank you. They certainly take a lot of the time and effort out of making ABTs.

wings-1-3.JPG

Plated up. There was a chunk of bleu cheese in my fridge that was getting rather elderly, it made a good base for some wing dip. Who needs BW2???

wings-1-4.JPG

Next try was some St. Louis spare ribs. This is the first Costco meat I've cooked, normally source my ribs from local butcher, but I was very happy with the quality and the end result. About 3 hours in I lifted the lid to lube them up with a 50/50 mix of Blue's Hog sauce and pineapple juice. (Not much planning ahead, this was more of a "let's see what we can use out of the cupboard instead of running to town" deal)

ribs-1.JPG

On the table with some beans and cabbage-apple slaw.

ribs-1-2.JPG

I guess if we can't find some warm days and clear skies, I might just have to find something else in the freezer to cook up this week too.

SmokebarOrion-1.JPG

Last edited:
I liked the sauce, but it might not work for the milque-toast crowd. And I see that I must have gotten ahead of myself and managed to post this without a thread title... If somebody could point me to an edit tool to fix that?

Nice post, I awoke to about 6 new inches today, if anyone complains about the weather being too hot this summer Im gonna let em have it.

Congratulations Mike! ;)

Photo of the Month! ▼

wings-1-3.JPG

Jim, if there's a photo of the month contest I'll have to be sure and compose or crop it just a bit straighter next time! Too bad that none of the money I've "invested" towards the photography hobby has given a scratch 'n sniff capability.....

Jim, if there's a photo of the month contest I'll have to be sure and compose or crop it just a bit straighter next time! Too bad that none of the money I've "invested" towards the photography hobby has given a scratch 'n sniff capability.....

Great shot, and yes, some of that scratch 'n sniff would be the cat's meow............................d

Back