3D printing an old part

In the case of the knobs, you can luckily still get those reproduction gray ones which I've also purchased before. I was thinking more about being able to make them in different colors but as you can see by my first attempts they are functional but not very pleasing to the eye.
Yes, very true. There used to be some “universal” black knobs that looked almost identical to the very early Genesis knobs, but they don’t seem to be available now😕.

Actually, as more and more parts become unavailable, I think all of us old Weber grill fans will be needing to go this route. I understand that there is now even 3D metal "printing" so maybe in the future that will become more practical for some of those parts that are impossible to procure.

Actually, as more and more parts become unavailable, I think all of us old Weber grill fans will be needing to go this route. I understand that there is now even 3D metal "printing" so maybe in the future that will become more practical for some of those parts that are impossible to procure.
Deep box grease trays? I have a friend of mine looking into making those. He has a lot of equipment at his disposal. If it can be done at a reasonable cost, I will let you guys know.

He told me that if he can find a part number or something he can maybe find dimensional plans and do it
Some things are hard to define dimensionally, like organic shapes with contours. Ask your SIL about 3D scanning, with the camera in a cell phone...that might be an option.

Steve, That is what I did when I was doing more Genesis 1000 grills. After a while you grab enough parts grills that you wind up with a supply of almost all the commonly needed parts.
Yeah, me too. I've got extras of pretty much everything myself. I just think it's fun to try and make some of this stuff and maybe down the line offer it guys that don't want to buy another grill for one little part that Weber doesn't offer anymore. Plus, I really think this end bracket came out nice.Screenshot_20240823-143323.png

Back