3D printing an old part

I mean, you look at this and what is there to it? It's a ring with an ID and an OD and a thickness. The lettering and the pins are the tricky part, but you could "cut" those out of the 6" STL file and "paste" them onto the ring. EZ-PZ.

I remixed the Weber 6" ring for the 8" dimensions that I have. No idea if this will fit, but you can edit it if it doesn't.

EDIT: Making last minute corrections...be back soon! Done!

Last edited:
Very cool work there, Steve! I think this is going to be the solution for a growing number of older Weber parts no longer being produced.

On the knobs, do you have a price range you are looking at? It is definitely getting harder to find copies of the early knobs, but there is still an option or two for buying these, so I guess I wonder how the expense of filament, machine time and labor to produce these compares.

Very cool work there, Steve! I think this is going to be the solution for a growing number of older Weber parts no longer being produced.

On the knobs, do you have a price range you are looking at? It is definitely getting harder to find copies of the early knobs, but there is still an option or two for buying these, so I guess I wonder how the expense of filament, machine time and labor to produce these compares.

In the case of the knobs, you can luckily still get those reproduction gray ones which I've also purchased before. I was thinking more about being able to make them in different colors but as you can see by my first attempts they are functional but not very pleasing to the eye.

Back