2018 Done, 2019 Getting Started

#60 for this year??? They all look great. I wish I could find some cheaper new ones in my area but recently sidewinders ans the newer versions with front knobs are not to be found under $150 in my area. And then it is black or SS only.
And one more question Dave if you don’t mind: do you actually have a web page you use to advertise your sold grills? I was thinking of doing that. Mainly to show the quality and craftsmanship over time.

Happy weekend

do you actually have a web page you use to advertise your sold grills?

No, not currently. I have considered doing something but I don't have the time nor talent to put together
anything myself, and the folks that can want $$ to do so. If market conditions were to change, and it was
necessary to make one to compete successfully I might choose to hand over the $$, but as of now I just
see it as an unnecessary expense.

Dave,
My hats off to you:cool:; that is some incredible turnaround! I doubt I could do 60 grills in the rest of my lifetime:(.

I have come to reluctantly accept that my current life situation, family needs, and regular & 2nd job dynamics makes it impossible for me to be a regular production flipper of grills. Since I have hopeless Weber collectoritous, my goal is to slowly thin out my backlog and go forward as a “boutique” restorer doing only a few grills every summer/fall. I may occasionally swap out ones from my collection for new finds and restore ones I think are special.

This summer, though, I hope I can get things moving. Did two and half grills (consumption grade, not flip worthy) for our church last week. Today I could only work a little over a half day, so I concentrated on rust removal and Eastwood treatment of a bunch of parts, all fun in the stifling heat of Florida summer:eek:. Hopefully I can do some follow up painting weeknights at our organization’s maintenance shop, but tax clients keep bringing me stuff:p.

but tax clients keep bringing me stuff:p.

That sounds like job security to me. Enjoy it.

All 3 of 3xx's were gone by noon yesterday.

Today while prepping I actually took the time to get my garage back in order, organize some,
and work on my own grills for a change.
Painted the lid of a Q300 bright red. It will now be my workhorse. I also am now the proud
owner of a Genesis Jr. I gave it a good looking over, and started the teardown. Burners are
shot, so I will need to be getting in contact rcplanebuyer to hook a guy up.

Quick update -

That Genesis Jr is now completed as of last week. I have yet to cook on it.
I am just going to stare at it for now. Hell, it may very well end up in my office
for a while. I would really like to turn it into a rotisserie grill. However, I do not
have a spit to fit this size of grill, nor any idea where to find one. I have not even
attempted to look for one though. This may be something easy to find, or quite
difficult, but I am unsure at this point. If anyone knows, please chime in.
I did do a quick test on the burners that Dave Santana fabricated for me, they
looked to be perfect with a nice blue flame.

LxGbPp4h.jpg

I went with red oak, and decided to add the little side shelf on the left. I figured it
would be a nice place to sit a nice cold margarita, or your beverage of choice.
I currently have a 2000 I am tearing into. I am using red cedar for it, and it is already
done and ready to go. I do plan to convert it to a 3000 so I may be pestering some of
the experts here about that soon.

The market has definitely cooled. It is much tougher to get anything bought, and just
as hard to sell things for a decent price. HOWEVER, I did manage to hit my 100 flip
goal today.

#100 8-25-19
2rlE6Zdl.jpg

At this point, I have no idea where I will end up for the year. Purely looking at days on the calendar,
150 would not be unrealistic. With the market cooling, as well as the temperatures soon, I do not see that
happening. Fall will bring on the normal dumping of older grills for a variety of reasons as it always does,
but I will likely begin to use what I can as restocking for next year very soon.

Once again, I would like to thank everyone here for all the knowledge that is shared here on a daily basis.
Without all of your help, many of these projects would not have been possible, or would have taken much
more trial and error.

Last edited:
Love the Junior Dave, and have the same idea to add that small side shelf. I’ve got a couple fabbers in Chicago that will do the cut/weld on the SS burners

Quick update -

I did do a quick test on the burners that Dave Santana fabricated for me, they
looked to be perfect with a nice blue flame.

I did not know that Dave Santana did burners as well. I would love to see a picture and know how much they cost.

I did not know that Dave Santana did burners as well. I would love to see a picture and know how much they cost.

Not a normal deal he that he does. He did some a while for Jeff in MA also.
I bought and sent a set of Sliver B tubes out to him. He did his work and shipped
them back. Total for everything was about $100. I could likely have found someone
local and saved a few pennies, but I would have had to invest time to search, and
do all the leg work here at home. Money well spent in my book.

OH, ok, then he just shortened a regular set of burners. That is cool. Too bad with shipping that it cost so much.

Dave,
Absolutely gorgeous Jr.! Great workmanship and resourcefulness. It is nice to see an historic grill saved and helping to keep the Weber Genesis story alive and available for people too young to remember when it all started.

As mentioned in the "Leave it" thread, this old blue may very well determine
my future work with any more older flips.

pEdQETjl.jpg

Dave,

If that beauty doesn't sell for a really good price, then I would have to agree you should adjust your strategy as you discussed. Those later Silvers like that one look more "modern" to me than the earlier Silvers. I would think it would help make it easier to sell, especially with the KC Royal blue hood;). Keep us posted. We're rooting for you!

Here is another C that I had sitting in storage since early spring, and finally got around
to prepping. All new innards like always. Posted last night and already had some interest,
so hopefully, it won't sit collecting dust long.

FoTzg3hl.jpg

NuxRpR5l.jpg

And speaking of finally ....... I finally got around to carrying the fireplace up
on the new deck. Fall has finally arrived here, and it was nice to spend an
hour with my wife and a couple of margaritas on Saturday night. I need to
make a serious effort to have a few more nights like that before the winter
winds start roaring.

cDIkYYDl.jpg

I like the fireplace too. We are thinking about one for our deck. Probably can't find a Weber though.

Is that a different color genesis? Looks kind of orange/red rather than the standard weber red.

Back