2005 Blue Genesis Platinum

Bruce on the wheel mod. The wheels go on because they have the same size holes as the OEM wheels. They do have some spacing. If I had to do it over again, I would add some stainless-steel washers behind the wheel, but I was too lazy to go to the hardware store again.

I was too lazy to go to the hardware store again.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Thanks to Everyone that helped me do this Restore. I appreciated everyone's input, knowledge, and comments. This was indeed a group effort.
Thank you to @Jon Tofte for finding me the Blue Lid, thank you to @Roy-Parallax for getting me the Side Burner Trivet and Ring cap, and thank you to @Bruce of the tip on the finding me the Grill-Out Light. Also, thanks to @TomRc and @Bill Pudim on the suggestion of getting the 8-inch Broil King Wheels. This List was the list of the parts acquired for this mod. I apologize for not listing everyone for there were many contributing along the way. Once again Thank You All. I appreciated everything.

Now The Reveal:

2005 Blue Genesis Platinum pic 1.jpg2005 Blue Genesis Platinum pic 2.jpg2005 Blue Genesis Platinum pic 3.jpg2005 Blue Genesis Platinum pic 4.jpg2005 Blue Genesis Platinum pic 5.jpg2005 Blue Genesis Platinum pic 7.jpg2005 Blue Genesis Platinum pic 8.jpg2005 Blue Genesis  Platinum pic 6.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a lot like my grill but without the cabinet or side burner. Good job.
Thanks Bruce,
Your Red Frankengrill was one of the reason's I began this Restore. It inspired me. Thank You for all of your input. You were a Great Help!

Glad I could help a little on that one, Samuel! My reveal - with the parts you traded with me - is still just in my imagination, but when I get out of tax preparation purgatory, I hope to get started. Looks really nice and about as bullet-proof as you can get a gas grill to be. I am sure it will give you many years of great use, and you can enjoy the knowledge that no one else has one exactly like your custom design :coolkettle: .

Now we will see if you can bring yourself to dirty it up with some nice rib-eyes!

Back