2005 Blue Genesis Platinum

Looks fantastic. (please don't take what is next badly. It's a question only). Question is why on every one of the platinum SS grills does it look like the end tables are "drooping"?

Larry, they are drooping. The welds on the brakets that connect the frame extensions break on almost every single one of them. It seems to only plague the SS version though. But I have had three SS Platinums and only one of the 12 welds was not broken. I permanently welded my extensions on my personal grill.

Yes, mine are drooping. I have to see if I can fix that. As Bruce stated it is a common flaw.
Thank you for your reply LMichaels and Thank you, for your Wit and Humor along my build. You did a good job of keeping me grounded during this process. Thanks.

Some people have luck by drilling a hole through into the back side of the bracket at inserting a self tapping bolt in. If you have access to or know some one that can weld, then just have them welded back in. You don't need to permanently weld them extensions to the frame. You can just spot weld the brackets back into the extension.

Some people have luck by drilling a hole through into the back side of the bracket at inserting a self tapping bolt in. If you have access to or know some one that can weld, then just have them welded back in. You don't need to permanently weld them extensions to the frame. You can just spot weld the brackets back into the extension.
My left side extension was sagging so bad that the table wouldn’t go down all the way without running into the face of the frame. I pre-drilled pilot holes with an undersized bit and then ran in some stainless self-drilling screws. I wound up doing both sides front and back as a preventative measure.

Tom, that is how they all are. The tables sag enough to hit the vertical frame legs to the point they won't fully go down. And the way you repaired them is the way most people do. That is how I did my first one before I acquired a welder.

My left side extension was sagging so bad that the table wouldn’t go down all the way without running into the face of the frame. I pre-drilled pilot holes with an undersized bit and then ran in some stainless self-drilling screws. I wound up doing both sides front and back as a preventative measure.
Did mount the scews on inside or outside? Do you have a pic?

Did mount the scews on inside or outside? Do you have a pic?
Screws go on the inside. The screw heads would interfere with placement of the side table top if used on the outside. Sorry, but I don’t have a pic. I recently sold the grill.

Samuel, if you want to do one screw, that's ok, most people don't take the time to do 2 screws, but with one screw the table is still able to droop because a single screw acts as a pivot. On my grill, both sides were repaired with a single screw on the front arm and the table still had the dropsies.

Pic1.jpg
20211019_120842.jpg

Two screws are better, but there isn't much room so you need to measure and drill carefully.

20211019_151308.jpg

The PO had broken off the screw head on one of the arms. I fixed them both.

20211019_152402.jpg

Also, note that the screw heads are on the inside and don't interfere with the table fit.

20211019_121057.jpg.

Last edited:
@Samuel did you cook those on a kettle and move them to the platinum for a picture?

;)
No I cooked them on my Platinum. I forgot to take a pic on the Grill once they were done. So I did get it dirty. The first pic was just when they started to get slightly brown. I did take the 2nd pic of the results. I just got that wing holder rack, and I was very pleased with it. It kept clean up to a minimal. I did not get any of that gooey barbecue sauce on my Grill Grates at least none like I used too.

Good looking wings, but I really like the cup!
You can order the cup from Weber. It is a Limited-Edition Yeti Rambler offer they are making. It is only 24 oz. though. I wish it was 32 oz. for I drink a lot of Diet Coke.

No I cooked them on my Platinum. I forgot to take a pic on the Grill once they were done. So I did get it dirty. The first pic was just when they started to get slightly brown. I did take the 2nd pic of the results. I just got that wing holder rack, and I was very pleased with it. It kept clean up to a minimal. I did not get any of that gooey barbecue sauce on my Grill Grates at least none like I used too.
I'm just messing with you.

I'm glad to see you cooking on the platinum

I have the exact same cup. I didn't know it was a YETI rebrand. THat is kind of cool. If the lid breaks on it like mine, you can buy a replacement at Walmart for under $3.00. Ozark Trail brand.

Back