2 firsts: full packer overnight plus a little side project

AdamKing

TVWBB Fan
So ive done a few flats but never a full brisket. I was planning on doing it all day saturday but got busy and had no choice but to start it late saturday night...fine by me. I'm lacking on prep pics because like I said...busy. i trimmed the brisket down, hit it with some EVO and heavy on salt and pepper. Then it sat all day. It went on the smoker at midnight at about 240 F. Woke up at five thirty the smoker was at 270ish and brisket was in the 160s. I dumped some coke and spray butter on it and let her buck.

Off the smoker at about 198

After resting about an hour separated point and flat;sliced and diced!

Brisket had very good flavor and tenderness was great. It was moist but i might try wrapping it to up the moisture next time.

Oh and i found time to smoke a turkey for a guy from work. Brined for 24 hrs dried in fridge for 24 hrs and smoked hot n fast about 350 F

Both look like very successful cooks! What does "and let her buck" mean? lol

Man they both are making me hungry here! Great job.

How did you like the simple EVOSP method? How did it taste?

It was good all in all. One comment i had from someone eating it was it kinda had a "jerky" flavor. I'll probably try something different next time even though everyone liked it.

Fantastic Looking brisket and turkey!!! Did you make burnt ends out of that point?

No i didnt. I didnt really have time but im definetly planning on trying next time, which will hopefully be soon. I can already see that tinkering with brisket is going to be a new addiction.

Amazing looking brisket, so dang juicy looking. I think if you wrapped that you'd need a bib to eat it with all the extra juice. Good looking cooks.

The brisket looks great... Made burnt ends for the first time a few weeks ago and man my whole life has changed now lol

Back