1987 Genesis II Redhead

I know this is an old thread....but I just found one. WITH a front control side burner.

Attachments

• weber manual.jpg
    weber manual.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 29
  • weber redhead.jpg
    weber redhead.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 29
I know this is an old thread....but I just found one. WITH a front control side burner.
Cool! Yes that is the very first Genesis and looks like the one in the 1985 advertisement we have here in the old brochure section. That looks like a great candidate for an historically correct restoration! I hope you grabbed it!

Very cool find! It's interesting that your owners manual shows the narrow wood slats instead of the wide slats that I always thought came on the early grills. Did they come both ways back then?

John, this is the grill you have and yes the side burner controls were on the front. If it was me I would restore it and keep the side burner to keep it original its a rare bird indeed.

I just picked up a Gen 2 last week. Original owner, manual included, cover, BNIB ignitor (old one still works though) and still in nice shape and fully functional. 50 Canadian dollars. He had changed the handle and wood slats to Durawood. Just did a bit of work on it, but with winter and snow already here, I probably won’t really get a lot done until next spring. It will be a great gift for my good friend who just bought a lovely cottage

6E1D58BB-34FB-4F9D-B1DC-97503C23CE5A.jpegB3DEB5E0-39CB-4B3C-A316-A75DB10AD16F.jpeg

Back