1985-Genesis-2-Rehab@Josh's-Correctional-Facility

To be honest I hadn't really paid a whole lot of attention to these early Genesis before I got mine. At least a few things on it that are new to me. I'm happy to document and share as much as possible.
It's hard when you don't have one in front of you to really compare. Sure, I can point out most of the differences just by looking at a picture of one but that's one of the reasons why I try to take close up pictures of what I'm doing so others can see the details. I now know a little more about the early ones because you took the time and were also interested in the difference.

It's hard when you don't have one in front of you to really compare. Sure, I can point out most of the differences just by looking at a picture of one but that's one of the reasons why I try to take close up pictures of what I'm doing so others can see the details. I now know a little more about the early ones because you took the time and were also interested in the difference.
Absolutely! And if I can help you in any way that's great after all the help you've given me.

I'll be very interested in seeing that part removed and restored, and what you need to do to reattach it. I'm guessing rivets to do it right, but we shall see. Jon Tofte has the correct reproduction sticker for those just in case you didn't know.

Absolutely and necessary on this one. Some of my others that have been in excellent condition haven't needed new decals.
My every day grill has a fuel level sticker that looks almost new even though the frame is starting to show it's age and could really use a repaint. I can't see repainting without replacing the sticker so repainting equals new sticker.

Josh, the good thing is that by the time you get back, if it is still available, you will have some bargaining power. When I see a grill I want that is a bit out of my price range, I usually wait about a week before I throw out an offer. That really works good up here this time of year. People selling their old grills want them gone and don't want to deal with them over the winter. So with winter approaching, they get a lot more open to a low ball offer. It works at other times of the year, but not as well.
I picked up a Silver B and a SS Platinum yesterday that I got for well under half price each after I let them sit a couple weeks.

Josh, the good thing is that by the time you get back, if it is still available, you will have some bargaining power. When I see a grill I want that is a bit out of my price range, I usually wait about a week before I throw out an offer. That really works good up here this time of year. People selling their old grills want them gone and don't want to deal with them over the winter. So with winter approaching, they get a lot more open to a low ball offer. It works at other times of the year, but not as well.
I picked up a Silver B and a SS Platinum yesterday that I got for well under half price each after I let them sit a couple weeks.
I do the same thing Bruce especially since there isn't anything that I absolutely have to have. I'm not looking for a good deal I'm only looking for a you stole it kind of deal.

Then you are in the drivers seat Josh. Even if you miss out on something, "THERE WILL ALWAYS BE ANOTHER".
I am done rehabbing for the year, so anything I grab now is going to have to be a "steal" type deal.

Back