1985-Genesis-2-Rehab@Josh's-Correctional-Facility

Josh, the good thing is that by the time you get back, if it is still available, you will have some bargaining power. When I see a grill I want that is a bit out of my price range, I usually wait about a week before I throw out an offer. That really works good up here this time of year. People selling their old grills want them gone and don't want to deal with them over the winter. So with winter approaching, they get a lot more open to a low ball offer. It works at other times of the year, but not as well.
I picked up a Silver B and a SS Platinum yesterday that I got for well under half price each after I let them sit a couple weeks.
You make a trip to DePere?

@Steve Hoch No it's not welded. I can see how it would easily be lost. Some type of metal push pin. Kind of looks like the plastic ones that sometimes held the end of the control panel in place on later models. Or the plastic push pins that held the little metal plate in front of the manifold on the 1000s. I'm guessing these are made out of aluminum.

View attachment 102099
I am betting that those are plastic. They were on mine. After all these years, the are very brittle and you will probably break them while trying to remove them. Fortunately, you can get push pins at the hardware store.
I have one of those old fuel gauges laying around that I won’t be using…
IMG_2898.jpeg

Gerry

I am betting that those are plastic. They were on mine. After all these years, the are very brittle and you will probably break them while trying to remove them. Fortunately, you can get push pins at the hardware store.
I have one of those old fuel gauges laying around that I won’t be using…
View attachment 102120

Gerry
Thank you for letting me know I was going to ask you when I got a chance

Are you looking to get rid of it? I would take it off your hands if you are... that is if Josh doesn't need it.
I don't need it any more, so I wouldn't mind letting it go. I think I have a couple more of them, but I have to look in the attic. I may have given them away.
I made a couple of them out of stainless steel and attached them to my grills, and then I converted them to natural gas...

Gerry

Back