18.5 lb brisket

Jeffery

TVWBB Member
I need to stuff a 18.5 brisket in my 18.5 WSM, generally I've used a 22.5 kettle for larger cuts and done the HH method with good success, my buddy bought the brisket It's a very nice packer, I'd like to cook it in the WSM between HH and LnS whats is largest brisket some of you members have stuffed into a 18.5?

That is a lot of beef! You could lop off a bit and maked corned beef or Montreal smoked and still have enough brisket to feed the Duggars. :)

Similar to Bob's suggestion... wrap a brink in foil, place in the middle of the grate, drape the brisket over it. Once the brisket starts to shrink, remove the foiled brick.

I have a rib rack and a 1 1/4 split fire brick, maybe foil the firebrick? cutting it up is not an option. )

Anything to take up the space: brick, rib rack, cheese grater... I look forward to seeing that monster on the pit.

This one I did on my 18.5"wsm was just over 17lbs.

This one I did on my 22.5"wsm it was around 17.5lbs too.

Love the extra room in the 22.5"wsm, but do most of my cooks on the 18.5"wsm. I do like having both though.
Got any pix of that brisket?

I just put a 15lb SNR brisket on my 18.5 and man it was a tight fit. I had to shoehorn it in there.
Sure do! They can be a tight fit, but you can do it. That's why I like the 22.5"wsm! Much more room for a big brisket.

Back