14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Model 711001

Dear Santa, I have been on my very best behavior. Well almost.....bet there are a lot of these in the sleigh!
I'm the store Manager for my local Hardware Hank/Weber Dealer I just got the 2014 order form this morning & they had the 14.5 WSM listed to be ordered the start of December with promo pricing at 199.95

Thanks, I mean to get on here more but time hasn't allowed it lately. I work at Eagan Hardware Hank. Feel free to stop in anytime. I work there 6 days a week. I'm in the process of trying to grow our Weber department but we already have a really nice selection & can always special order.

just talked to the owner of the BBQ Barn in Arlington MA and their Weber rep told them that it is not coming out next year but the year after, 2015

makes you wonder

Just read this comment from Weber on their Facebook page ---

Weber Grills --- Yes, there is a 14” smoker coming out in October. Thanks for your interest!

Tanner, on the 2014 order form, what colors are offered for charcoal kettle grills? We've heard that a crimson red will be offered and perhaps blue will be dropped. Can you confirm available 2014 colors?

Chris you are correct about the Blue being discontinued. The new colors are Crimson & Copper for the 22.5 Kettles, Performer Platinums & Crimson for the Genesis series. I would like a Copper if I wasn't planing on buying a 14.5 WSM.

I am going for the 14.5! The 18 is too close to the 22.5 I have, and the mini I built seems after one weekend to fit the bill for the wife and I. I did 2 huge turkey wings and 10 chicken wings (no tips) and a kielbasa in one cook, that is impressive!

Besides the wife really doesn't like smoked food so I do some for her on the Silver B

I know what I want for my birthdate now. A crimson one touch gold would be awesome. I would love to get the Genesis too but there is no way I could talk the wife into that. Time to start scraping pennies.

Hey Guys
I was adding some wood to my Mini and suddenly realized the 14.5 doesn't have any handles on the middle section, anyone notice that?

My guess is that is why they added the door so you can add coal wood and water through it and never take the middle section off, but it is convenient to take it off I WILL add handles to it.

Hey Guys
I was adding some wood to my Mini and suddenly realized the 14.5 doesn't have any handles on the middle section, anyone notice that?

My guess is that is why they added the door so you can add coal wood and water through it and never take the middle section off, but it is convenient to take it off I WILL add handles to it.

None of the Weber smokers have handles. They don't want you to take it off mid cook (aka hot squat).

The WSM 14 could be just in time for me. I will begin full time RV traveling next year. I was looking at how I could take a smoker with me. My WSM 18 & 22 are too big, as well as my Santa Maria grill. Looking at the Traeger PTG. Had some BBQ from one this week and it was tasty.
If Weber charges $150.00 or more I won't buy one. I can make one for $60 or less, Smokey Joe + Tamale pot = fun project.

20130908_123809_zps8a825fef.jpg

Back