$125 fair price for 18”?

Yeah, I think it is! If you have the money and you are really looking to pick one up don't let this one pass. You may find a better deal, but it may be awhile. If while I was looking that come up I would have jumped on it! I ended up with a 14 (and love it) because I could not find a 18 for less then $200.

Yeah, I think it is! If you have the money and you are really looking to pick one up don't let this one pass. You may find a better deal, but it may be awhile. If while I was looking that come up I would have jumped on it! I ended up with a 14 (and love it) because I could not find a 18 for less then $200.
I guess considering how much I’m saving, I may need to keep my eyes open for a 14 for my traveling version

As long as you are ok with paying $125, then it's a good price. If you happen to see one for much cheaper, you can always buy that one too...then clean it up and sell it to recoup some of the money you paid for the $125 one. But at least in the meantime you have one to cook on.

I guess considering how much I’m saving, I may need to keep my eyes open for a 14 for my traveling version
So when I go to my local BBQ shop they pick on me and say noone uses the 14 for home cooking, only tailgating, and I say I have cooked for 12 people on that little guy(and I know so many people on this forum that kick butt with the 14's also). I am happy right now and there hasn't been a thing I haven't been able to cook yet, but I somewhat do wish I would have held out for an 18. The 22 is HUGE!

So when I go to my local BBQ shop they pick on me and say noone uses the 14 for home cooking, only tailgating, and I say I have cooked for 12 people on that little guy(and I know so many people on this forum that kick butt with the 14's also). I am happy right now and there hasn't been a thing I haven't been able to cook yet, but I somewhat do wish I would have held out for an 18. The 22 is HUGE!
I think the 22 will be way to big for me!

I'm in the same boat... I know I can cook plenty of food for plenty of people with the 14, but it takes more time, because I have to do it in stages. I enjoy the cooking, but my wife doesn't like it when I spend an entire day (or more) on it and if you're doing a pork butt, a couple racks of ribs, and some wings, it takes a while. So, while the 14 can certainly cook the amount of food I need, an 18 may do it in a more reasonable amount of time.

They just sent another picture. The lid have a place where the porcelain is chipped out. It looks about the size of a small apple. Does that alter the temperatures for how it is going to perform? I am wondering how much a new lid would cost. The other thing is she said they had a brand new temperature regulator that she would throw in for $25 I need spent over 100 on it

Attach some of the pictures, without seeing what’s going on it’s hard to help.
I don’t use any additional type of fire control, and for your purposes, I don’t think you will need it but, some folks swear by them.

Attach some of the pictures, without seeing what’s going on it’s hard to help.
I don’t use any additional type of fire control, and for your purposes, I don’t think you will need it but, some folks swear by them.
I am more worried about the chipped porcelain on the lid. I am wondering if that is going to impact the process at all.

They just sent another picture. The lid have a place where the porcelain is chipped out. It looks about the size of a small apple. Does that alter the temperatures for how it is going to perform? I am wondering how much a new lid would cost. The other thing is she said they had a brand new temperature regulator that she would throw in for $25 I need spent over 100 on it
Lid is $87.19.

I was looking at a reflection of something else in the pic.! She said the chip is about the size of a dime. They are throwing in a rib rack, briquettes, applewood chips, the cover, and then I will get the temperature control for an extra $25. Total of $150

If they are asking $125, they might take less....if it's been for sale for a few days they might go down a bit....doesn't hurt to ask. Can you post some pictures?

I tried to save the pictures. They are in the Facebook forum for marketplace. I couldn’t figure out how to save them. I’m just gonna go get it. I figure with the temperature control, the rib rack, the wood chips and charcoal, there has to be approximately $550 worth of stuff for $150.

I am in the NE and WSMs come up pretty frequently. I don't think I would have paid $125 for one with a chip, regardless of size. That said, you might not see them too often in your area and you are getting a bunch of extras, that could easily close the gap on the price.

I got mine for $80, complete. Seller was asking $125. If you don't ask you won't get, so make them an offer. I told them I would pick it up within 20 minutes. Cash in hand wins I suppose. It came with a cover that will need to be replaced by end of summer. But to be fair, the seller thought it was a 14 and for about a week, so did I.. Yeah.. I know. Silly right?

I discount out the price of the coals and wood chips. The rib rack is worth a couple bucks and the ATC (assuming it works and depending on brand) is worth a few bucks more. Either way.. after your first cook, you'll be thinking you stole it at that price. Go for it and post some pics once you have it home!!

Chimney, pitmasterIQ, shovel, 2 rib racks, kabob set, 4 small bags of wood chips, Kingsford Comp. Briquettes, 2 charcoal bins, pellet tube, and 18’ smoker

It looks well used. I’m going to have to probably buy new grates and the little rubber grommet on the side. I might end up needing to get either a gasket set or a new door because it is obvious that the smoke poured out of the door because above the door looks blue and burnt. The grates definitely look like they’ve seen their days. The grommet is rotted. Let the cleanup and learning begin!

Back